'I've Ordered a Nexus 5' Thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Ordered: Nov. 4, 2013
Shipped: Nov. 5, 2013
Scheduled delivery: Nov. 7, 2013 (tomorrow!)
Paid for ground shipping, not 2-day.

That's with a 2-3 week wait on the 32GB white model, the one I'm getting. Doesn't make much sense.
WTF, I ordered 11/1 and it says 2-3 weeks....lame.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my third Nexus 5 on November 2nd and checked the order to see that it will ship on 11/22 which is on a Friday like the first shipments. At least I know to expect it to arrive on Monday, but instead of risking UPS delivering to an empty house, has anyone tried using their UPS My Choice to pay extra to have them deliver to a UPS store? It sounds really convenient to pick up at any time I want and less risk of them just leaving the package out there when they knock and I'm not home.

Petero1818

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Ordered a 32 G White on November 2. Message said 3-4 weeks to ship. Received email today that it shipped and will arrive in Toronto tomorrow. pretty much 3 weeks ahead of time. Wow.

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my third Nexus 5 on November 2nd and checked the order to see that it will ship on 11/22 which is on a Friday like the first shipments. At least I know to expect it to arrive on Monday, but instead of risking UPS delivering to an empty house, has anyone tried using their UPS My Choice to pay extra to have them deliver to a UPS store? It sounds really convenient to pick up at any time I want and less risk of them just leaving the package out there when they knock and I'm not home.
How can you check the specific ETA ship date? Mine just says 2-3 weeks.

st_7

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the off-topic, but to all of those who are still awaiting their Nexus 5s to be shipped, I've one that is to be reaching me today(Thursday) so brand new & unopened. I'm thinking of returning it to google(for various reasons), so if any body wants they can have it for the actual price, let me know asap because I'll not be keeping it, I'll return it to google for a refund. Thanks.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the off-topic, but to all of those who are still awaiting their Nexus 5s to be shipped, I've one that is to be reaching me today(Thursday) so brand new & unopened. I'm thinking of returning it to google(for various reasons), so if any body wants they can have it for the actual price, let me know asap because I'll not be keeping it, I'll return it to google for a refund. Thanks.

Do you know if Google charges a restocking fee for returning a Nexus 5?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

st_7

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Do you know if Google charges a restocking fee for returning a Nexus 5?

How much?, I'll tell them it has this & that, most probably I'll loose the shipping charges that I paid, but it is way better than having sleep less nights & then disappointment once it reached to me in my country (which will take another 7-10 days, if I go with the my first plan), if it has any serious defects which many of them are complaining, as you know I can't RMA from here. And it will be a waste of $470(the amount that I'll be end up paying to get this item to my country for my 16GB white). Damn, I was so excited to have this phone, waited for months for it to be announced but I'm pissed of with the many problems that are being reported on XDA & others(may be a 1st batch problem).

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
How much?, I'll tell them it has this & that, most probably I'll loose the shipping charges that I paid, but it is way better than having sleep less nights & then disappointment once it reached to me in my country (which will take another 7-10 days, if I go with the my first plan), if it has any serious defects which many of them are complaining, as you know I can't RMA from here. And it will be a waste of $470(the amount that I'll be end up paying to get this item to my country for my 16GB white). Damn, I was so excited to have this phone, waited for months for it to be announced but I'm pissed of with the many problems that are being reported on XDA & others(may be a 1st batch problem).

Yeah Almost Every first batch has some kind of a defect, I remember the Nexus4 complaints. Yes it is best that you take action now specially if you are not in a country where they don't RMA. I'm thinking the same thing. I might call it in tomorrow to ask for a refund and send to Google.

st_7

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah Almost Every first batch has some kind of a defect, I remember the Nexus4 complaints. Yes it is best that you take action now specially if you are not in a country where they don't RMA. I'm thinking the same thing. I might call it in tomorrow to ask for a refund and send to Google.

Where are you from? & What problems did you have?. For the last three I've given so much thought to it, I can live with minor defects but not very bad vibrating motor, muffled sound when the volume set to <50% & the dead pixels or dust in the screen. As i said, if I loose, I'll loose shipping charges & another $15 or so in the conversion charges(both while paying & getting refund). That's it. I did have an offer of $415(direct paypal payment with no ebay fee) from an ebay buyer(when I listed it over there). But I didn't want to deal with some one who I got to know on ebay, no matter how good the price he is willing to offer. I'm more comfortable with the members of fourms(this or XDA etc). I would have listed on Swappa but they need the photographs with the username which I can't do because item is in US, I'm in other country.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Where are you from? & What problems did you have?. For the last three I've given so much thought to it, I can live with minor defects but not very bad vibrating motor, muffled sound when the volume set to <50% & the dead pixels or dust in the screen. As i said, if I loose, I'll loose shipping charges & another $15 or so in the conversion charges(both while paying & getting refund). That's it. I did have an offer of $415(direct paypal payment with no ebay fee) from an ebay buyer(when I listed it over there). But I didn't want to deal with some one who I got to know on ebay, no matter how good the price he is willing to offer. I'm more comfortable with the members of fourms(this or XDA etc). I would have listed on Swappa but they need the photographs with the username which I can't do because item is in US, I'm in other country.

Wow, I'm in Miami, Florida. I'm original from Nicaragua. Listen it us best to deal with someone from a tech forum, b/c we can all relate.

In my case the power button wobbles and it is annoying as it does, also I future I put an unessesary charge on my credit card when I could have waited until passed Christmas to make the same purchase, but I was carried away by the fact that on the same release day it became available the Nexus 5, and that the stock would soon run out and it actually did (only two hours after been available). But I'm sure I can always repurchase it from Google and by then they would have fixed these minor problems.

What country you are located at?

SbTwister

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Did somebody succeed in buying a 32 GB black N5 trough myUS.com ? How? What shop besides google does sell the 32 GB (unlocked) black in US for 399 US dollar?
I live in Belgium. N5 not available in Google store. Only 16 GB availble in local stores & surrounding countries. :(

st_7

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I'm in Miami, Florida. I'm original from Nicaragua. Listen it us best to deal with someone from a tech forum, b/c we can all relate.
Yeah, that's why I didn't take up that ebay offer, It's better to return it to Google & get the remaining money, although as I said I loose little bit of money Google deductions, currency conversions, but it's way better than dealing with an Ebay guy.
In my case the power button wobbles
If that is the only problem you have I suggest you to keep it with you, because almost all of the stock has same issue(which I don't think a major one), and if you are still unsatisfied then you can do RMA a month or two later when the second batch comes.
By the way I'm from India.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
If that is the only problem you have I suggest you to keep it with you, because almost all of the stock has same issue(which I don't think a major one), and if you are still unsatisfied then you can do RMA a month or two later when the second batch comes.
By the way I'm from India.

Yes it is a great phone, I will think about it by the end of the day. I still have a little bit of buyer's remorse, given my iPhone 5 is in great working condition.

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Ugghh Now my reciept on Google Play still shows pending (though support says it's "processing" now) and shows a "leaves the warehouse on 11/26/2013"

Sucks to see that especially when I'm seeing others who ordered on the 4th as well either already getting their phones or already have shipment tracking numbers.

I ordered the 32GB Black N5 on 11/3 at 7 A.M.. The only time I had a date of shipment was on the order complete page when I initially ordered. Since then the order page just says pending and ships in 2-3 weeks. Glad to hear others who ordered after are getting theirs though.

hrrsncrawford

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the 32GB Black N5 on 11/3 at 7 A.M.. The only time I had a date of shipment was on the order complete page when I initially ordered. Since then the order page just says pending and ships in 2-3 weeks. Glad to hear others who ordered after are getting theirs though.

Yea, I am so glad to hear people who ordered way after me have gotten theirs too.. Even though I ordered on November 1st.

Posted via Android Central App

Garp

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Mine still says "Leaves warehouse by November 5, 2013" and the status is "pending". I'm thinking only one of those two statements can be correct, the only question is which one.

Well as it turns out, mine did actually ship on the 5th, but the system didn't update until late afternoon on the 6th. It should be delivered tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy