'I've Ordered a Nexus 5' Thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Congrats! Kinda POed with Google though since I ordered mine the 13th. As someone said before though, their consistency with following any sort of order is terrible.

Not so bad. I ordered mine the 11/3 (black/32), and Google says it will leave the warehouse on 12/3. In the overall scheme of things, it's only a phone. Presently using a GS3 with a shattered screen (dropped from a scaffolding at construction site, landed butter side down), but can still read it!

y0lorenzo

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I also ordered 32GB Black Nexus 5 on 11/12/13 from Chicago. Play store still says pending and leaving warehouse on 12/3/13. Any update on your order?

*Edit: Standard Shipping

DroidGuy1990

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I was told by a "Google employee" state that with the Google Play store now selling N5 in India it is the reason there was an Out of Stock availability 3 weeks after its release....I would take this with a HUGE grain of salt and prob has no bearing on anything but if it did that would be the reason the delay in shipping is caused by

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Today I received my shipping email for 2 phones one white and one black 16gb 32gb both ordered the in november 5th... and separated orders
I ordered my black 16 on the 5th too. 2nd hold on card. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow and get some sort of notification

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

jlegend369

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey, new to the thread/site.

Can anyone explain to me what the "hold on card" referenced frequently throughout this thread is referring to? Do you receive a notification of the hold on the card? Is this brought upon by your credit card issuer or by Google Play?

Major Problem

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Canada and yesterday (the 18th) I ordered a second Nexus 5 for a family member (a white 32 gig model).
It said at the time that the item "Leaves warehouse by November 26".
Just got an email this evening (the 19th) that the phone has shipped already!

Zipster90

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey, new to the thread/site.

Can anyone explain to me what the "hold on card" referenced frequently throughout this thread is referring to? Do you receive a notification of the hold on the card? Is this brought upon by your credit card issuer or by Google Play?

Usually you'll see it if you log onto your bank/credit card website. It'll say something like GOOGLE *DEVICES or something similar.

Josh McFly

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Good news guys & gals. I placed a order for a 32gb black nexus 5 on Nov 6. I got a email today Wednesday at 3:34am that my order has shipped. It first stated that the phone will not be shipped until 12/3/2013.

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok ... Not sure whats going on. I got my 2nd credit card hold on Saturday. Tuesday morning I checked my account and the hold was at the top of my statement.As if it was the most recent transaction.

So I am assuming they just did another hold. I woke up this morning and found again it at the top of my statement as if it was the most recent transaction.

I have never seen this before with any company I have ordered through. I ordered a black 16 on the 5th. Ships 12/3

ptonantryloc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Not only did my 32GB White Nexus 5 ship weeks earlier than noted on Google Play, it's arriving today, one day before the expected arrival date. Four days from order to delivery (two of them weekend days).

newandroiduser123

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: 'I've Ordered a Nexus 5' Thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Same thing happened to me!

Ordered a Black 16GB Nexus 5 on November 5th (around 7/8pm) With an original 'shipping by' date of December 3rd.
I live in Toronto, Canada.

I had a charge on my credit card the first day I ordered, then it disappeared.
Then on November 16th I was charged again, and it continued to sit at the very top of my credit card statement for 3 days until last night.
Got my shipping notice around 9pm last night and it is finally on its way. Checked my credit card statement this morning and it still is sitting as a payment processing, hasn't charged me yet...

Hope you get yours soon!
This forum has definitely helped calm my nerves re: the long wait time.

Hope this helps!

Ok ... Not sure whats going on. I got my 2nd credit card hold on Saturday. Tuesday morning I checked my account and the hold was at the top of my statement.As if it was the most recent transaction.

So I am assuming they just did another hold. I woke up this morning and found again it at the top of my statement as if it was the most recent transaction.

I have never seen this before with any company I have ordered through. I ordered a black 16 on the 5th. Ships 12/3