Nexus 4 and Galaxy Nexus users, what do you think?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
James and I were thinking it'd be nice to see what previous Nexus phone users think of the Nexus 5, both before and after the phones start hitting peoples' doorsteps. Personally, I think it's absolutely a step in the right direction. The comparisons to the 2013 Nexus 7 had me optimistic and enthusiastic; the official announcement and reveal has done nothing to change that.

Anyone else?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think it's a worthy successor. Improvements have been made in key areas like the display and internals, and it has LTE.

The price stayed the same, so that's also a huge deal.

Overall I think it's a great update to the Nexus line, and I can't wait to get my hands on one!

James Cortez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Had the N4 got rid of it to go to the GS4 GPE due to lack of LTE. Other than that I loved the N4. This looks like they took the N4 and improved it and added LTE. Looks like a winner to me. I'll post back once I get the N5 in my hand.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the the Gnex on Verizon. Enough said.

I'm waiting for my N5 with T-Mobile SIM in hand. Love vanilla android. Don't want all of the gimmick features.

Posted with my S4 via Android Central App

Zay92

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Like everyone has said throughout this form its a good improvement over the Gnex. I never used the N4 but I tried it out and wasn't moves by it except for its design. I'll get my N5 by Christmas or somewhere around that.. So I can see what the issues are first and what not.. But I was hoping that kit Kat at least made its way to the Gnex even if it was a minor change.

Posted via Android Central App

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Well, I have the Nexus 4, and didn't plan on getting the Nexus 5. But I ended up ordering it anyway (I guess I found my vice). But yes, from everything I have seen and heard, there are a few things I love in the Nexus 5:

1. The slightly bigger, but not jumbotronic, screen.
  2. The optical image stabilization for the rear camera.
  3. Support for a range of LTE bands.
  4. No more glass back, so I won't need a case or a back cover.

HTCTundaBow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I plan on holding on to my N4 until something else comes out. The N5 really hasn't caught my interest. The LTE would be nice, but I HATE how big phones are now, I even get annoyed with my N4. I'm a little guy with little hands. Wish I could get a Moto X with 1080p and a $350 unlocked price tag :-! Maybe one day.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I guess that I'm a fangirl. I couldn't tell you anything about the specs, even though I read them, but I did order a Nexus 5. The only Nexus phone that I haven't had is the Nexus One. I generally don't want to use a phone as a daily device after one year, so I got a Nexus 5.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think this is a true flagship phone, what more could you really want, everything has improved over the N4 apart from the uncertainty over the notification light which I'll be surprised if it doesn't have one, the screen looks superb, I had a htc one and the screen was amazing on that and from what I have seen so far this looks every bit as good, and the Snapdragon 800 is a major step up, the N5 makes me really excited about the N10, this will be my next purchase as ive had bad luck with my N7 2013 and really can't wait to sell it lol

Posted via Android Central App

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a step up in every way. I like the design, Android 4.4, having LTE unlocked, and not exclusive to one carrier is very nice. I also liked that they increased the storage.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad the Nexus 5 is finally here. It looks like a great phone, and I'm planning to get a 32 GB one.

The new back cover looks more durable. It should also stay put if you put it on an inclined surface.

Vic Gundotra said that Google was "committed to making Nexus phones insanely great cameras." A lot of people will be checking to see if that comes to fruition.

32 GB of storage is great for people who don't always have access to the cloud. For those who use the cloud extensively, there is no cheaper 8 GB version available. 16 GB is the new minimum standard.

I don't expect OTG USB support without root, but if the Nexus 5 has it, that would be another plus.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
But not the LTE that matters.

^^^^THIS!! I had a GNex on Verizon. I liked it. Until it just started to slowly die on me. Once I found out the Nexus wasn't coming to Verizon I went and bought a Note 3. I'm extremely pissed that the Nexus 5 isn't on the largest carrier in the US right now, but I'm happy with my Note. I can't sacrifice great coverage for a phone.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a N4 and would love to have the N5 - I would be happy with a slightly bigger screen.

Right now I don't think it's very reasonable though because my N4 is a very capable device and will get 4.4 very soon. So I think I'll wait for the next Nexus.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
^^^^THIS!! I had a GNex on Verizon. I liked it. Until it just started to slowly die on me. Once I found out the Nexus wasn't coming to Verizon I went and bought a Note 3. I'm extremely pissed that the Nexus 5 isn't on the largest carrier in the US right now, but I'm happy with my Note. I can't sacrifice great coverage for a phone.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

Blame verizon for that.

Jlav78

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I only bought my nexus 4 a few months ago so I won't be upgrading until at least next year unless I win something from ac (Really hope it's a nexus 5 if anything). Nexus 5 is in my opinion the best phone on the market right now.

Posted via Android central app on my rooted LG Google Nexus 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital