That's right, the Nexus 5 will be sold through Sprint and T-Mobile, with only Verizon Wireless opting out of carrying the device. Updated at 3:26 p.m. PT: Google came back and confirmed that AT&T won't be selling the Nexus 5, but it will be able to run on its network.

With Nexus 5, Google finally gets flagship phone treatment
    10-31-2013 09:16 PM
    hi good i like it
    10-31-2013 09:24 PM
    That's right, the Nexus 5 will be sold through Sprint and T-Mobile, with only Verizon Wireless opting out of carrying the device. Updated at 3:26 p.m. PT: Google came back and confirmed that AT&T won't be selling the Nexus 5, but it will be able to run on its network.

Here's to hoping T-Mo doesn't sell it for $500...
    10-31-2013 09:45 PM
    Another good point on Sprint;

Sprint has already said they’ll be bring the phone to market next Friday (11/8), on contract, for $150 (you can preorder the device from Sprint starting tomorrow). T-Mobile will follow shortly, likely later in the month to capture holiday sales.

The Nexus 5 Is On Sale Starting Today for $349, Includes OIS Camera and Snapdragon 800
    10-31-2013 09:47 PM

Of course it will. Just check out the specs page on the Play Store. It has all of the proper bands for basically any carrier except the obscure LTE bands in Europe (which has its own model to match up with).
    10-31-2013 10:21 PM
    Of course it will. Just check out the specs page on the Play Store. It has all of the proper bands for basically any carrier except the obscure LTE bands in Europe (which has its own model to match up with).
    It only has one LTE band for Verizon.
    10-31-2013 11:10 PM
    Google came back and confirmed that AT&T won't be selling the Nexus 5, but it will be able to run on its network.
    I remember some people tried to activate their Nexus 4 on AT&T and customer service said it wouldn't work because it's "not in their system" since they don't sell it. This was despite the fact that lots of people use their Nexus 4 phones on AT&T with no problems at all. Hopefully that won't be the case with the Nexus 5.
    10-31-2013 11:11 PM
    It only has one LTE band for Verizon.
    Of course no Verizon, I was operating under the assumption everyone knew that :P .

- - - Updated - - -

I remember some people tried to activate their Nexus 4 on AT&T and customer service said it wouldn't work because it's "not in their system" since they don't sell it. This was despite the fact that lots of people use their Nexus 4 phones on AT&T with no problems at all. Hopefully that won't be the case with the Nexus 5.
    Open SIM tray
    Place SIM in tray
    Close SIM tray
    10-31-2013 11:30 PM
    Of course no Verizon, I was operating under the assumption everyone knew that :P .

- - - Updated - - -

Open SIM tray
    Place SIM in tray
    Close SIM tray
    Well you said any carrier except the Europen ones so I assumed you meant every U.S. carrier as well
    Someone should make a phone that supports every LTE and 4G band there is!
    10-31-2013 11:49 PM
    So to keep my N5 off contract with AT&T do I need to purchase that... GoPhone plan? And its just as simple as popping in the sim card and im good?
    11-01-2013 12:06 AM
    So to keep my N5 off contract with AT&T do I need to purchase that... GoPhone plan? And its just as simple as popping in the sim card and im good?
    Do you have AT&T already? If so you just keep your service and put your sim in and boom it's working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-01-2013 12:33 AM
    Do you have AT&T already? If so you just keep your service and put your sim in and boom it's working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No currently done with my Verizon contract. Looking at At&t to switch.
    11-01-2013 03:35 AM
    Well not as simple as just popping in SIM. You have to also configure APN settings.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    11-01-2013 06:03 AM
    Wow, Sprint should be selling the 32GB Nexus for $50. The ETF is supposed to be the price of the phone, part of the plan price is the price of the phone. Sprint will have the measly $200 subsidy paid off in no time.

If you buy the phone for 150, then cancel service, your ETF is 350, that's 500 for a phone that cost you 350, if yo just went out and bought it.

Deathstar and Big Red just want to load it up with bloat and control the updates.....
    11-01-2013 06:27 AM
    Or any other ATT mvno.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
    11-01-2013 07:19 AM
    Wow, Sprint should be selling the 32GB Nexus for $50. The ETF is supposed to be the price of the phone, part of the plan price is the price of the phone. Sprint will have the measly $200 subsidy paid off in no time.

If you buy the phone for 150, then cancel service, your ETF is 350, that's 500 for a phone that cost you 350, if yo just went out and bought it.

Deathstar and Big Red just want to load it up with bloat and control the updates.....
    Hahaha! Death Star! That's so funny and I totally agree! :thumbup::beer:

11-01-2013 07:22 AM
    Well not as simple as just popping in SIM. You have to also configure APN settings.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    You have to have the correct data plan too if you want it to work from what I understand and that caused some problems because of the IEMI not showing up in the system with the Nexus 4 and trying to change Data plans. When I switched over from iPhone 4 to Nexus 4, they would not switch my data plan because Nexus 4 was not in their system. So I still have a Nexus 4 with not HSPA+, just HSPA.
    11-01-2013 07:25 AM
    Anyone know of a guide that could help me with figuring out what plan to get with AT&T? i have been sheltered by always buying w/e is on contract with VZW. Never bought an off contract phone before, and had to shop around. Since its not "Officially supported" with AT&T I cant just call the support and start to fire off questions ya?
    11-01-2013 12:27 PM
    You could call them but they'd keep trying to sell you a phone (commission sales?).

Why not go with a prepaid ATT like GoPhone or Aio or Airvoice etc etc and save a lot of money?

Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2
    11-01-2013 01:13 PM
    You could call them but they'd keep trying to sell you a phone (commission sales?).

Why not go with a prepaid ATT like GoPhone or Aio or Airvoice etc etc and save a lot of money?

That is the plan. ... So it is pretty much as simple as calling at&t. Asking for a prepaid gophone sim / account, and they should send this to me via snail mail? Pop sim in phone, and im good to go? simplified of course, but thats the general idea?
    11-01-2013 01:26 PM
    That is the plan. ... So it is pretty much as simple as calling at&t. Asking for a prepaid gophone sim / account, and they should send this to me via snail mail? Pop sim in phone, and im good to go? simplified of course, but thats the general idea?
    You'll also have to enter some numbers in or something. I'll be doing the same thing so there are doubtless threads on how to do that in the forums. Also they might do that if you go in, but I don't want to be charged for activation, if they charge for that.

11-01-2013 01:53 PM
    Its actually as simple as waking into WalMart or any other store that sells prepaid AT&T (or MVNO who uses AT&T) SIMs and phones, buying it, and putting it in your phone. If you use straight talk, you do need to adjust some settings. Personally, I would look into Aio, they have some decent plans for heavy users.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    11-01-2013 02:13 PM
    You'll also have to enter some numbers in or something. I'll be doing the same thing so there are doubtless threads on how to do that in the forums. Also they might do that if you go in, but I don't want to be charged for activation, if they charge for that.

The access point names (APN) settings, as mentioned above. If you're on AT&T already, you can get them under Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile networks, or similar. Take a screenshot or write them down.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    11-01-2013 02:18 PM
    The access point names (APN) settings, as mentioned above. If you're on AT&T already, you can get them under Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile networks, or similar. Take a screenshot or write them down.
    Thank you! I'll be a new customer. Defecting from Sprint.

11-01-2013 03:24 PM
    I found these comparisons very helpful. (Updated from original on 10-8-13.)

Updated and Expanded: The Best US Prepaid Data Deals | Prepaid Phone News
    11-02-2013 07:13 PM