Nexus 5 or HTC One?

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm in an interesting situation. I have a 64 gig HTC One that is in the process of being replaced by ATT. My thought at this point is, sell it and get the Nexus 5. I love the One though, it's hands down the best phone I've ever owned. Does anyone here that owned a One currently have a Nexus 5? What are your thoughts? Does this seem like a good idea to you guys?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm in an interesting situation. I have a 64 gig HTC One that is in the process of being replaced by ATT. My thought at this point is, sell it and get the Nexus 5. I love the One though, it's hands down the best phone I've ever owned. Does anyone here that owned a One currently have a Nexus 5? What are your thoughts? Does this seem like a good idea to you guys?

If it were me I'd sell the One and get the N5.

slick2404

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Will the max of 32gb be enough for you, since you are coming from a 64gb device.
The screen on the One IMO is the best at the moment, but I've yet to see the N5 so can't really compare. The speakers are great as well. I had the One, and was dissapointed with the camera.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Will the max of 32gb be enough for you, since you are coming from a 64gb device.
The screen on the One IMO is the best at the moment, but I've yet to see the N5 so can't really compare. The speakers are great as well. I had the One, and was dissapointed with the camera.

The One was also my favorite handset but that camera was really crap, i would get some occasional good shots but most o the time they was poor

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site

Yes. I currently don't have any music or movies on my phone. To be honest, 32gb will be wasted on me.

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the HTC One and I agree, it's a great phone, but I need to break out of AT&Ts stranglehold on what I can and cannot do with my device. I hate the idea of having to pay extra to share data with my tablet via tethering since I've already paid for it and won't be using the phone and tablet at the same time. The unadulterated Android experience is also a draw. What the carriers and phone manufacturers add to the software is more often than not a negative. The dual, front facing speakers on the One is pretty much a gimmick in my opinion. I'm never listening to content without a good set of earbuds anyway. And I agree with others that the camera isn't great on the One. I get very inconsistent results, often with brightly lit, midday photos looking all muddy and noisy for no apparent reason. I ordered my N5 the minute it popped up on the Play Store and am told it ships by Tuesday the 5th.

Last edited:

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Honestly it seems to be down to a personal preference. I have the 64GB HTC1 currently and just bought the N5. I will probably sell my HTC1 and keep the N5, here is why:

I will always prefer vanilla android to UI overlays of manufacturers. It took me hours to bootloader unlock, root, and put a vanilla 4.3 Rom on my HTC1. Having to wait on Android version updates drives me bonkers. Having to wait for it baked into a Rom only to system wipe when loading a new Rom gets old. With a Nexus the time to soften the phone up is dramatically reduced. I love to tinker and play with Roms so Nexus is the right choice for me software wise. Camera wise I never expect to have professional quality pictures from a cell phone. That being said the low light shots of the HTC1 are hard to beat; however, when i put the vanilla 4.3 Rom on I lost the camera software to capture nice low light shots. I can touch-up most photos up through Google+ anyways. Hardware wise the HTC1 is beautifully built with great dual speakers. N5 doesn't look to shabby. It looks to have the same feel as my Nexus 7 which I'm ok with. I also have not come close to filling up 64GB of memory. All my music is streamed with 1 or 2 playlist saved to my phone. Pictures don't take much memory up.

So its a personal preference on your part. For me the pure Android experience is worth the price of admission.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
To me, the One is great in many ways... Looks, sound, nice clean Sense (although I like Nexus devices), and the One will be getting KitKat soon.
As of now, I'm happy with the One, so I am not thinking on spending extra money for a Nexus at this point.

somdave2005

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating the same thing, as I currently have the HTC ONE on sprint. The One is a great phone, but the lure of pure android and latest updates is rather enticing. I have a Nexus 5 on order that is not shipping in 2-3 weeks...so I'm waiting for the reviews of the Nexus 5 to come out. Things I'm wondering about the Nexus 5: the battery life, the speakers, music audio quality, screen in comparison with HTC One

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21