Google just pulled a “Facebook Home”: KitKat’s primary interface is Google Search | Ars Technica

How encompassing will Google be with each update.......?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-01-2013 03:41 PM
    Hopefully, ever increasing (as long as the rollout to other countries is just as swift). Really, Google Now is GREAT where it works. In my country it's just weather and traffic directions, but when I've traveled to the US or Japan, boy is it bright!
    11-01-2013 04:00 PM
    Hopefully, ever increasing (as long as the rollout to other countries is just as swift). Really, Google Now is GREAT where it works. In my country it's just weather and traffic directions, but when I've traveled to the US or Japan, boy is it bright!
    I agree. Google Now is really good and seems to be improving more and more. I'm excited to see how Google further refines Google Now on future revisions to the service.
    11-01-2013 04:22 PM
    Loll, as part of new experience, Google will show ads in your dialer. How useful!

https://plus.google.com/+RonAmadeo/posts/8jovwgVJiwx

11-01-2013 04:24 PM
    Will I be able to turn OFF all the "Google Now" features? I don't want voice activation, I don't want "relevant to where I am" results, etc.

I sure hope all these new features are disable-able!

- Tim
    11-01-2013 04:37 PM
    Will I be able to turn OFF all the "Google Now" features? I don't want voice activation, I don't want "relevant to where I am" results, etc.

I sure hope all these new features are disable-able!

- Tim
    You can disable the various features now. There shouldn't be a change in this with KitKat.
    11-01-2013 04:42 PM
    Loll, as part of new experience, Google will show ads in your dialer. How useful!

Yeah, before going out with pitch and fork and lit aflame, try to dig deeper and not believe a rumor. Check the latest update on the guy's post
    11-02-2013 01:36 AM
    Google Now is still pretty useless in the UK, a little green traffic line pops up every now and then on my journey home and the weather. Nothing more....

The US have so many features yet we all get left behind
    SpookDroid likes this.
    11-02-2013 03:23 AM
    Sounds good to me. I actually like Google Now unlike Facebook Home and if I don't like the Google launcher, thankfully there are other choices out there and 4.4 KitKat makes it easier to choose and switch between launchers.
    11-02-2013 04:24 AM

NewAge likes this.
    11-02-2013 04:39 AM
    Yeah, before going out with pitch and fork and lit aflame, try to dig deeper and not believe a rumor. Check the latest update on the guy's post
    Sure, oops, so Google itself find their original plan absurd. Good, let's see how long that lasts.

Now, consider this, if Google needs to be connected and do a background local and Internet search about who is calling whenever you pick up a call, is that a good or bad thing?

@T-Mobile GN3
    11-02-2013 06:45 AM
    Wow, you really are paranoid... Anyway, if they DO come to that, you can always go to those iDevices, they don't do any of that stuff... no, not at all...

BTW, if they DO search for the number or person you're getting a call from or calling to, and that has useful information, bring it. Right now you have your caller ID and Facebook and Google+ and Skype and Whatsapp and Viber and Tango (and go on) connected to your address book, so...
    11-02-2013 09:22 AM
    Google Now is still pretty useless in the UK, a little green traffic line pops up every now and then on my journey home and the weather. Nothing more....

The US have so many features yet we all get left behind
    What information is missing in the UK? I'm probably a light Now user, but was just in the UK for a month, and it seemed to provide information consistent with what I see in the States. I may be living in the UK very soon, so want to know what I'll miss!

11-02-2013 01:34 PM