Nexus 5, HTC One, or LG G2?

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Which should I get or which would you get?
Why?
It's time for my new contract.
HTC 1 ?245 32gb
LGG2 ? 268 16gb
Nexus 5 ?349 32gb

Please advise
Thanks, my 1st post about phones.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Help! which one?

Why?
HTC 1 ?245 32gb
LGG2 ? 268 16gb
Nexus 5 ?349 32gb

Please advise

I would choose the Nexus out of those. I don't like the HTC button layout or their camera much. I don't like the G2 back button.

But if you like the size and don't care about back buttons then imo get the G2. People who have them really love them.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Help! which one?

Welcome to the forums!

Really, this is a questions only you can answer. These are excellent devices. The only difference between the three (aside from the various spec differences) is how each functions, looks/feels and meets your needs. If you haven't already, stop by your local wireless store and give the G2 and One a try and see which fits your needs - you'll likely have to wait a while to use a Nexus 5 in store.

Good luck with your choice and let us know what you decide.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Why?
HTC 1 ?245 32gb
LGG2 ? 268 16gb
Nexus 5 ?349 32gb

Please advise

At the end of the day it is your overall preference. Personally, I'm in the same boat but in America. I love the build quality, the front facing speakers, and the 32GB standard of the HTC One. The G2 gets it on the Snapdragon 800, the buttons on the back, and the larger screen that is not a Note device for my fat fingers. Then you get to the Nexus 5 and I'm geeked but the same difference I don't have $399 to buy a 32GB device and I'd stay with it for 2 years anyways, so I'd end up with the 16GB device and I keep hearing the HTC One and S4 have a lot better photos than the Nexus device. So yeah, in the same toss up boat though I'm leaning on an HTC One or Nexus 5.

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Why?
HTC 1 ?245 32gb
LGG2 ? 268 16gb
Nexus 5 ?349 32gb

Please advise

These are exactly the phones I'm deciding between, I like the speaker placement on the HTC One but don't like the button layout (not sure if that can be changed once rooted). I like the G2 because of the bigger battery and bigger screen although overall it's not that much bigger than the Nexus 5, but I don't like the LG logo on the front (minor thing). The Nexus 5 I like because of vanilla Android but after using the Nexus 4 and rooting and romming I'm not even bothered about that because whatever phone I get is gonna get rooted and custom rommed anyway. So at the moment I think I'm leaning towards the G2.

Posted via Android Central App

crucialcolin

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I suspect this will be one of those cases where its really hard to decide and waterver you wind up getting you might be wishing you went with a diff choice later. All three are great devices and have there advantages and disadvantages.

Myself I was leaning real hard towards the HTC one for its build quality and great sound until the nexus swayed me mostly with its upgraded more effecient CPU(800 vs 600 series) and wireless charging. In theory it even though both have the same battery specs the N5 should edge out one in battery life. Also I liked the idea of one device that works on any carrier(Verizon the exception) where as if I wanted to switch carriers later with the one I'd have to buy a different version.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I've owned the One and G2. I also just ordered the 5.the g2 is an awesome device with a killer battery. If the battery or anything on the 5 is disappointing I'll be selling it and going back to the g2. I had the one for a few months and was a decent phone minus the horrible battery and subpar camera.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My G2 has 32gigs of memo4u. I find the G2 to be the best for the features it provides

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

brac20

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I own a HTC One and I think it is fantastic. Beautifully built, great screen, best speakers on ANY phone. The camera is very good in low light conditions, lower resolution but if you just view photos on your phone/tablet then you really won't notice the difference.

My wife just got a G2 and she loves it so far. Again it has a gorgeous screen, the speakers aren't too shabby either. The minimal bezel makes the device very nice to hold. Although it doesn't feel as premium as the One.

Having said that I've ordered a 16gb Nexus 5 as I like new things and I should be able to sell my One and cover the cost.

Posted via Android Central App

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Even though I really like the look and feel of the HTC one, i would skip it. There are some things I don?t like about, like being big but with a smaller screen, the camera, and some of the visual choices of the sense. I used the G2 for a little, and maybe because I have a SG3 i felt more home, some choices of LG interface are disputable, i.e. the notification center (sorry i don't get the proper name now) which is clogged. On the other side a very good phone camera, a stunning display and a better feel in the hand then the samsung, thou same material. I also think that the choice of the back buttons is good and comfortable in the everyday use. Being this two not vanilla Android you might have a s***load of functionalities but at the same time if you don?t like to play with roms you get stuck with what you have till the manufacturer (and if) rolls out an upgrade. I probably would like to play a little more with the G2 before taking a decision, but right now i m really tending to the N5, which also seems to me the one that gives you the best hold (sorry for any mistake or nonsense i might have wrote)

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all your thoughts. I'm leaning towards the G2 but it only comes with 16gb, will that be enough, I keep hearing htc camera is rubbish and camera is important 4 me. Music is not high on my list. Galaxy S4 mini ?225 as a last thought.

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Here in Poland many things are curious esp phone contracts apple sony + samsung prices add on another 15-20% other brands like HTC, LG deduct 25-30% compared to UK.Thats why for me HTC or LG offer best value, I'm just worried about only 16gb though.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Why?
HTC 1 ?245 32gb
LGG2 ? 268 16gb
Nexus 5 ?349 32gb

Please advise
It depends on what you want in a phone and how much you value it at that price.

Do you prefer a big screen? Aluminum body? "Stock" Android? It's pretty annoying to not post what do you prefer and if you did any reading what these phones offer. Do your own research on all three phones and I'm sure you can come up with your own conclusion on what phone you want.