Stuck on ATT.

GearJ2o

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm still stuck on my subsidized 4S iphone for ATT and I dont think ATT is going to sell Nexus 5 anytime soon, but i do have an upgrade eligibility. Is it possible to upgrade it to iphone 5s and then resell it to buy Nexus 5. Will it work? Can someone, whom I will be selling to, use the 5S that is still under contract?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm still stuck on my subsidized 4S iphone for ATT and I dont think ATT is going to sell Nexus 5 anytime soon, but i do have an upgrade eligibility. Is it possible to upgrade it to iphone 5s and then resell it to buy Nexus 5. Will it work? Can someone, whom I will be selling to, use the 5S that is still under contract?

Yes but they would be stuck using it on AT&T.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yes. There is no problem with that. AT&T doesn't care if you sell your phone you bought or what phone you use on your line. All they care about is if you keep giving them money.

hausjam

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
A lot of people do that. Buy it for $200, don't open it and sell it brand new on eBay for $600.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Fastblack83

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought a 5s silver 16gb and sold it on ebay for 700. Still kind of hard to get so people paying a premium. Ordered my nexus 5 yesterday. Should be here Monday.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
For another $150 (if you can pony that up) you can get the Nexus 5 16gb off contract. If you can swing that extra money it might be worthwhile for you to go that route. Just a thought :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Yes.

Posted via Android Central App

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Buy the Nexus 5 and let the contract end then go month to month with whatever you like. Don't sign another two year contract to cover the cost of an already inexpensive phone.

Edit: unless you don't mind being on contract.

Posted via Android Central App

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Agree with above. Get a 5S and sell it. Also, sell the 4s. I made the mistake of not buying a phone when I was eligible for an upgrade. I was ignorant and not aware that I was paying AT&T an extra $20/mo when my contract ended and was eligible for an upgrade. In the future, as soon as I am eligible, I'll probably buy an iPhone as it generally will be easier to sell than most other phones, and use the proceedings for another phone.

GearJ2o

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Took your advices and I sold it for $650. I felt like I should have sold it for more, but im happy with the profit i got. Thanks guys!

UPDATED: Ugh, the ebay is full of scammers! Within hours of listing the iphone 5s for auction and "buynow" price, i got 2 scammers already. They were being suspicious because they were paying more than the asking price. For example, I set the "buynow" price to 650 and someone bought it. However, that same person then sent me $705 dollars through a fake paypal-like email like verify_yahoo.com or safetypaypal@in.com. In the fake email, it also asked me to send it to a different address! Basically, the scammers wasted my time. Looks like I wont be getting my nexus 5 anytime soon. :(

Maybe Swappa.com is something I might have to look into.

Last edited:

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Took your advices and I sold it for $650. I felt like I should have sold it for more, but im happy with the profit i got. Thanks guys!

UPDATED: Ugh, the ebay is full of scammers! Within hours of listing the iphone 5s for auction and "buynow" price, i got 2 scammers already. They were being suspicious because they were paying more than the asking price. For example, I set the "buynow" price to 650 and someone bought it. However, that same person then sent me $705 dollars through a fake paypal-like email like verify_yahoo.com or safetypaypal@in.com. In the fake email, it also asked me to send it to a different address! Basically, the scammers wasted my time. Looks like I wont be getting my nexus 5 anytime soon. :(

Maybe Swappa.com is something I might have to look into.

I have sold iPhones in Swappa for friends. They go just as quick and you pay less in fees.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

GearJ2o

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried the swappa. Saw like 3-4 buyers who are having trouble selling it right away(some of them have been trying to sell it since October 15th. I dont like it. I think I will do Craigslist and do a swap for nexus 5 plus cash.

Big Dad E

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm still subsidized with ATT also, with a year left. My Lumia 920 is unlocked and I'm selling it in eBay to help cover the cost of my N5. I could have used my early upgrade to get the LG G2 or iPhone but I didn't want to extend my contract.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc