I'm still stuck on my subsidized 4S iphone for ATT and I dont think ATT is going to sell Nexus 5 anytime soon, but i do have an upgrade eligibility. Is it possible to upgrade it to iphone 5s and then resell it to buy Nexus 5. Will it work? Can someone, whom I will be selling to, use the 5S that is still under contract?
    11-01-2013 05:59 PM
    I'm still stuck on my subsidized 4S iphone for ATT and I dont think ATT is going to sell Nexus 5 anytime soon, but i do have an upgrade eligibility. Is it possible to upgrade it to iphone 5s and then resell it to buy Nexus 5. Will it work? Can someone, whom I will be selling to, use the 5S that is still under contract?
    Yes but they would be stuck using it on AT&T.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    11-01-2013 06:00 PM
    Yes. There is no problem with that. AT&T doesn't care if you sell your phone you bought or what phone you use on your line. All they care about is if you keep giving them money.
    11-01-2013 06:23 PM
    A lot of people do that. Buy it for $200, don't open it and sell it brand new on eBay for $600.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-01-2013 06:26 PM
    I bought a 5s silver 16gb and sold it on ebay for 700. Still kind of hard to get so people paying a premium. Ordered my nexus 5 yesterday. Should be here Monday.
    11-01-2013 07:35 PM
    For another $150 (if you can pony that up) you can get the Nexus 5 16gb off contract. If you can swing that extra money it might be worthwhile for you to go that route. Just a thought
    11-01-2013 07:42 PM
    Yes.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-01-2013 08:01 PM
    Buy the Nexus 5 and let the contract end then go month to month with whatever you like. Don't sign another two year contract to cover the cost of an already inexpensive phone.

Edit: unless you don't mind being on contract.

11-01-2013 08:40 PM
    Agree with above. Get a 5S and sell it. Also, sell the 4s. I made the mistake of not buying a phone when I was eligible for an upgrade. I was ignorant and not aware that I was paying AT&T an extra $20/mo when my contract ended and was eligible for an upgrade. In the future, as soon as I am eligible, I'll probably buy an iPhone as it generally will be easier to sell than most other phones, and use the proceedings for another phone.
    11-01-2013 09:07 PM
    I did that. Bought the iPhone 5 sold it to gamestop and bought the Nexus 4 a few months ago.
    11-01-2013 09:12 PM
    I did that. Bought the iPhone 5 sold it to gamestop and bought the Nexus 4 a few months ago.
    Sold it to... Gamestop? They always rip people off with what they offer for trade in.

Ry likes this.
    11-02-2013 01:30 AM
    Took your advices and I sold it for $650. I felt like I should have sold it for more, but im happy with the profit i got. Thanks guys!

UPDATED: Ugh, the ebay is full of scammers! Within hours of listing the iphone 5s for auction and "buynow" price, i got 2 scammers already. They were being suspicious because they were paying more than the asking price. For example, I set the "buynow" price to 650 and someone bought it. However, that same person then sent me $705 dollars through a fake paypal-like email like verify_yahoo.com or safetypaypal@in.com. In the fake email, it also asked me to send it to a different address! Basically, the scammers wasted my time. Looks like I wont be getting my nexus 5 anytime soon.

Maybe Swappa.com is something I might have to look into.
    11-05-2013 01:05 AM
    Took your advices and I sold it for $650. I felt like I should have sold it for more, but im happy with the profit i got. Thanks guys!

UPDATED: Ugh, the ebay is full of scammers! Within hours of listing the iphone 5s for auction and "buynow" price, i got 2 scammers already. They were being suspicious because they were paying more than the asking price. For example, I set the "buynow" price to 650 and someone bought it. However, that same person then sent me $705 dollars through a fake paypal-like email like verify_yahoo.com or safetypaypal@in.com. In the fake email, it also asked me to send it to a different address! Basically, the scammers wasted my time. Looks like I wont be getting my nexus 5 anytime soon.

Maybe Swappa.com is something I might have to look into.
    I have sold iPhones in Swappa for friends. They go just as quick and you pay less in fees.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    11-05-2013 07:43 AM
    I tried the swappa. Saw like 3-4 buyers who are having trouble selling it right away(some of them have been trying to sell it since October 15th. I dont like it. I think I will do Craigslist and do a swap for nexus 5 plus cash.
    11-05-2013 06:52 PM
    I'm still subsidized with ATT also, with a year left. My Lumia 920 is unlocked and I'm selling it in eBay to help cover the cost of my N5. I could have used my early upgrade to get the LG G2 or iPhone but I didn't want to extend my contract.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    11-05-2013 07:25 PM