Just as the title says. I've talked to 8 sprint employees from 2 different stores and customer service. Nobody has a clue of what I'm talking about.
    What Sim are we going to need for this phone to work on sprint? Is going to be ridiculous if our phones come in and it won't even work on sprint cause these retards don't know how to activate them for us. How do I get this elusive Sim?

Posted via Android Central App on New Nexus 7
    11-01-2013 07:48 PM
    It's a micro sim and they should have them on hand.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    11-01-2013 08:01 PM
    They don't have a clue what they are talking about nor do they want to give one out. They keep saying they don't have any to give out. I even tried saying I bought a used phone of craigslist and I need one and they still wouldn't give me one.

11-01-2013 08:18 PM
    11-01-2013 08:19 PM
    That's great, now I just need to figure out how to get this through customer service head. They are lost

11-01-2013 08:30 PM
    Clearly, the right information about activating this phone with a SIM card from Sprint has not worked its way through the massive sprint communications bureaucracy yet. However, there are people that are having some success. The greatest success in getting a SIM card seems to be by using the International Department who is well versed in SIM cards. If you look around Sprint's website you will find a dedicated phone number for the International Department and there is also a chat option for the International Department. I personally called them last night and I have a sim card that is being shipped to me that is supposed to arrive by the 7th. It was free of charge including shipping. Now, I had some trouble as have many people because if you say that the SIM card is for the Nexus 5 they will indicate that device is not in their system yet and they don't know which SIM card to sell you. However, the consensus on multiple forums on the internet is that there is only one version of a LTE/GSM SIM card of the micro size for Sprint to pick from. The Sprint reps just don't know enough about the phone yet to even know for example if you need GSM or not so that is why they are saying they don't know what SIM card to get you. So, everyone that is successful in ordering one so far has ordered the Sprint model number CZ2102LWR SIM card.

Personally, if it were me, when I call I would not mention the Nexus 5. I would simply say that you need to order a SIM card for your device that you are buying and give them that model number. See if you can get through the transaction without mentioning the Nexus 5. So many people have called for this that they may be catching on and have scripts in place that will not let you do this now but it is worth a try. I've also read on other forums that those SIM cards are back ordered now but I don't know that personally.
    11-02-2013 10:55 AM
    Thank you for the information. I finally got a women last night in the international dept to say they have had numerous calls on this and won't be able to order me the right Sim until Monday. She is supposed to give me a call back on Monday so we will see what happens.

11-02-2013 11:00 AM
    Tried this no luck. I have even gotten sprint does not use SIM cards. Guess I will have to wait till I get my Nexus. Gone to 2 stores talked to 4 different customer people all were useless.

Clearly, the right information about activating this phone with a SIM card from Sprint has not worked its way through the massive sprint communications bureaucracy yet. However, there are people that are having some success. The greatest success in getting a SIM card seems to be by using the International Department who is well versed in SIM cards. If you look around Sprint's website you will find a dedicated phone number for the International Department and there is also a chat option for the International Department. I personally called them last night and I have a sim card that is being shipped to me that is supposed to arrive by the 7th. It was free of charge including shipping. Now, I had some trouble as have many people because if you say that the SIM card is for the Nexus 5 they will indicate that device is not in their system yet and they don't know which SIM card to sell you. However, the consensus on multiple forums on the internet is that there is only one version of a LTE/GSM SIM card of the micro size for Sprint to pick from. The Sprint reps just don't know enough about the phone yet to even know for example if you need GSM or not so that is why they are saying they don't know what SIM card to get you. So, everyone that is successful in ordering one so far has ordered the Sprint model number CZ2102LWR SIM card.

Personally, if it were me, when I call I would not mention the Nexus 5. I would simply say that you need to order a SIM card for your device that you are buying and give them that model number. See if you can get through the transaction without mentioning the Nexus 5. So many people have called for this that they may be catching on and have scription place that will not let you do this now but it is worth a try. I've also read on other forums that those SIM cards are back ordered now but I don't know that personally.
    11-02-2013 03:10 PM
    I went to sprint worldwide chat on the recommendation of a posting on XDA and had zero problems. Just said that that I had purchased the Nexus 5 on google play and wanted a SIM to activate it when it arrived. She didn't ask any questions, just said I can help you with that. 3-5 days free shipping at no cost. Can also get sent express for $12.95 (or close to that). Got an order confirmation in email about 2 min later.

Give it a try
    11-02-2013 03:58 PM
    I went to sprint worldwide chat on the recommendation of a posting on XDA and had zero problems. Just said that that I had purchased the Nexus 5 on google play and wanted a SIM to activate it when it arrived. She didn't ask any questions, just said I can help you with that. 3-5 days free shipping at no cost. Can also get sent express for $12.95 (or close to that). Got an order confirmation in email about 2 min later.

Give it a try
    This worked great for me too. Thanks.
    11-04-2013 09:30 AM
    I called sprint today and they said a sim should come with the phone is that true? I don't know never had a sim card phone before.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-04-2013 09:51 AM
    I called sprint today and they said a sim should come with the phone is that true? I don't know never had a sim card phone before.

Posted via Android Central App
    It would come with the phone if you ordered it from Sprint's store, but not if you order it from Google Play.
    11-04-2013 11:13 AM