How are the speakers and battery life on the Nexus 5?

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC One but I have to return it because the eBay seller didn't include the recharger and he said he would send me one... a month ago. I love the HTC One speakers and quite frankly I have to say they have spoiled me. What are the speakers like on the Nexus 5? Also what is the battery life like? I know that it has a bit of a bigger screen but the SnapDragon 800 seems much more battery efficient.

Thanks for all posts!

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Not to change the subject but you couldn't go pick up a wall charger for a couple bucks?

Anyways, I'm curious about the speakers as well. I previously owned an HTC One and loved the sound quality. I currently own a Moto X and those speakers are surprisingly crisp and loud -- very similar to HTC's. Hopefully the Nexus 5 has decent speakers on it; the Nexus 7 does so hopefully the 5 follows suit.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have an HTC One but I have to return it because the eBay seller didn't include the recharger and he said he would send me one... a month ago. I love the HTC One speakers and quite frankly I have to say they have spoiled me. What are the speakers like on the Nexus 5? Also what is the battery life like? I know that it has a bit of a bigger screen but the SnapDragon 800 seems much more battery efficient.

Thanks for all posts!

Too early to tell on battery life but it always depends on your lifestyle. I have charger at work and in my car so it's never been a problem with me. How long it'll last will depend on how you use it.

People are saying speakers are good but nothing like boom sound.

Posted via Android Central App

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Speakers seem ok, not the best... Better placement (on the bottom) but despite it looking like 2 it's only 1 speaker.

crucialcolin

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm going to go out on a limb and say it won't be no HTC one. That and the awsome metal build is probably one of the trade offs. If your looking for good sound then you might want to spend the extra money for the one. On the flip side you get a faster/more effient proc with the n5 and wireless charging.

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Not to change the subject but you couldn't go pick up a wall charger for a couple bucks?

Anyways, I'm curious about the speakers as well. I previously owned an HTC One and loved the sound quality. I currently own a Moto X and those speakers are surprisingly crisp and loud -- very similar to HTC's. Hopefully the Nexus 5 has decent speakers on it; the Nexus 7 does so hopefully the 5 follows suit.

Yeah 35 bucks from Verizon...

Higgs1

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
It's justa regular micro usb charger, you can find them online and even in some stores for less than a dollar....never buy stuff from the carrier store please

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
It's justa regular micro usb charger, you can find them online and even in some stores for less than a dollar....never buy stuff from the carrier store please

I've got a charger in my bedroom, the computer bedroom, basement, truck, and 6 available at work...Sure am glad they standardized the end of the cord finally. Agree: NEVER buy anything from the carrier stores. EVER. PERIOD!!

OP: In regards to battery life, that'll be all over the map until people get them adjusted...Regardless, everyone will say it gets better after a couple of weeks...That translates to "My battery started lasting longer after a couple of weeks because I finally put the ******* phone down".

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I saw a review that said the Nexus 5 does not have dual speakers...it said the left on is a solo speaker and the right one is the mike made to look like a speaker? Can anyone with their N5 confirm? Does music only come out of one location?

EDIT: Thanks kalo for confirming one speaker.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
...That translates to "My battery started lasting longer after a couple of weeks because I finally put the ******* phone down".

Not if you measure screen on time of specified activities. I think most review does that.

I'm surprised Google didn't send out review units a month ahead of time. It would be nice to have good reviews on the lunch day.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I hope the sound is louder and of better quality than the n4. Battery life has been suspect on every nexus phone to date but hopefully the s800 will correct that.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I really wish the battery was bigger on this phone. It would be nice to not have to charge it during the day. However, it is so easy to charge nowadays that I don't mind as much as I once did. I plan to get a wireless charger for work and home and I'll just slap it on there when not being used. If I'm in the car I have my portable charger.

I'll take the inconvenience of charging maybe 1 time per day over the increased size of this phone with a bigger battery.

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have my N7 to watch movies and I listen to music on my zune (I know, I know) so the speakers are not a big deal for me.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I'll take the inconvenience of charging maybe 1 time per day over the increased size of this phone with a bigger battery.

It should be noted that more frequent charging cycles also deplete the battery capacity quicker.

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site

People.... If you're so worried about the charger, he admitted he didn't send me one even though it would include it.. Then he lied and didnt send it.... If it settles you down, the camera has a pink tint as well.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It should be noted that more frequent charging cycles also deplete the battery capacity quicker.

Thats what they say...I have a GN here with the original battery, It seems as strong now as it was almost 2 years ago. If someone can actually keep track and prove this I would like to see it. I think they wear out after a couple of years no matter what you do. I wouldn't spend a minute worrying about it, or trying to charge less.

Most folks get a new phone and baby it.... After a year they stop worrying about it....After 2 years they use it as a hockey puck, trying to get it to break so they can say..."Look honey its broken, I don't know how it happenned! I need the Nexus 6!! " :D:D

Right now I'm back to babying my GN hockey puck, so it lasts till Tue! lol

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Thats what they say...I have a GN here with the original battery, It seems as strong now as it was almost 2 years ago. If someone can actually keep track and prove this I would like to see it.

Battery degrading due to charging cycle is not a "say", it's a fact.

Go check out battery University's data.

@T-Mobile GN3