Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Google is finally executing their plan to take the lead and never look back! I have watched Android Become the powerful os that it is since the beginning. Google and their approach is nothing short of genius! Google over the past few years displayed a very humble approach with Android. The open source mobile OS Android, has been used on all major OEM devices. Since all things Apple are closed source, when Apple released the iPhone, OEMs had to find a way to compete, and they found it in Android. When it came to marketing Android, Google let OEMs like Samsung, htc, and LG, do the work for them. Sets like the Samsung Galaxy s4, htc one, and the LG G2 are a huge success, which means Android is a huge success. Timing is everything and now is the time. Google is going for it all with their line of Nexus devices, they are powerful, feature packed flag-ship devices at very reasonable prices. Apple and their claim of innovating like no one else can, is an absolute lie! If they actually believe that, they are in more trouble then originally thought. Android is downright better, period! The only innovating going on in the last two years has come from Google, and only those who actually pay attention or actually understand technology know this, if you don't, you probably own an iPhone or iPad. How else could you justify paying almost twice the amount for an inferior product? No matter how hard Apple tries, with new products such as the iPad air, there is still one major drawback, iOS! The iOS has reached its peak. Android being open source will always move forward, and continue to get better, and always offer more. Android finally surpassed iOS on a software level and Google and their Nexus products are giving Android its true home to flourish, in a bright blue box branded with Google, Nexus, and the OEM, Asus for tablet, LG for phone. In the beginning there was the iPhone and iPad, packaged under one roof being Apple, which looked official, polished, and easier for the consumer. Android was more of a mystery, somewhat buggy, less to offer on the app front, no real home as it was scattered through-out several OEMs and their devices which hadn't made a name for themselves yet. Today, things are very different, the polished Android is well known, and on very powerful and popular devices, and the huge buzz surrounding the new Nexus 5 phone is the proof to back it up.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 is better then Iphone

Paragraph's would go a long way in making this readable.

The Nexus 5 is not an objectively better phone than the iPhone 5s. Yes, it has points that are better, but it also has points that are inferior. I'm going to consider the OS a wash because both are great OS's and it really comes down to personal preference. Nexus 5 has a bigger screen, but from the early reviews its not the greatest quality screen. Early reports are that the camera, while better than Nexus 4, isn't anything to write home about.

Both phones are great, neither is "better" than the other.

Last edited:

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

You've completely misread the whole mobile phone market if you think that google has any intention of fighting Apple on the hardware front.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

JABacchetta

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Paragraph's would go a long way in making this readable.

The Nexus 5 is not an objectively better phone than the iPhone 5s. Yes, it has points that are better, but it has points that are superior, but it also has points that are inferior. I'm going to consider the OS a wash because both are great OS's and it really comes down to personal preference. Nexus 5 has a bigger screen, but from the early reviews its not the greatest quality screen. Early reports are that the camera, while better than Nexus 4, isn't anything to write home about.

Both phones are great, neither is "better" than the other.

Actually, from the quality reviews I've read, they're saying the screen is one of the best, if not the best, currently on the market. Although, camera reviews are mixed.

But I agree with your overall statement. I'm as big a fan as any of Google. I literally make a living with their products, and they're constantly finding ways to make my life easier. But anyone who tries to claim that one company dominates the other is quite blinded by their bias. I do believe Google is making the biggest strides, without a doubt. But Apple still excels in some areas.

I now own a Nexus 5 and I only use Google Chrome. I'm also a heavy user of Analytics, Adsense, PageSpeed Service, Adwords, Maps, Keep, Drive, and Gmail. And an occasional user of Wallet, Google+, and Hangouts. All of these are premium products.

With that said, I also own a Mac, and find it to be the best desktop, hands-down, for my uses. And even I can admit that there are some iPhone features that I like.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

You've completely misread the whole mobile phone market if you think that google has any intention of fighting Apple on the hardware front.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

They absolutely do............. Just not with the Nexus line.

Posted via Android Central App

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

I agree. I think the Neuxs 5 is going to be better than my iPhone and it's less than half the price!

The thing is, other people don't see it that way and I respect that as long as they're not a **** about it :p

(I only read the thread title and not the actual post)

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Actually, from the quality reviews I've read, they're saying the screen is one of the best, if not the best, currently on the market. Although, camera reviews are mixed.

But I agree with your overall statement. I'm as big a fan as any of Google. I literally make a living with their products, and they're constantly finding ways to make my life easier. But anyone who tries to claim that one company dominates the other is quite blinded by their bias. I do believe Google is making the biggest strides, without a doubt. But Apple still excels in some areas.

I now own a Nexus 5 and I only use Google Chrome. I'm also a heavy user of Analytics, Adsense, PageSpeed Service, Adwords, Maps, Keep, Drive, and Gmail. And an occasional user of Wallet, Google+, and Hangouts. All of these are premium products.

With that said, I also own a Mac, and find it to be the best desktop, hands-down, for my uses. And even I can admit that there are some iPhone features that I like.

Where did you read reviews that the screen is one of the best available? I'm genuinely interested. Every review I have read an watched say the screen is crisp and clear, but appears washed out. Most agreed that the One's and G2's screens look better and probably 70% also thought the S4 had a nicer looking screen. I too am a heavy user of Google products. I have a One GPe, Chromebook, use Chrome exclusively (other than testing how web pages I write render in other browsers), rely heavily on Drive, use Hangouts, Gmail, Docs, Google+ and Maps on a daily basis, as well as using Wallet, Keep, and QuickOffice fairly regularly. I agree that Google is doing the most to advance the mobile market at the moment, and I do not think I could switch to another OS. However, when my wife wanted to switch off of Windows Phone, I got her an iPhone. She takes so many pictures on her phone, the camera is by far the most important feature in a phone to her. No Android phone has a camera the works as good as reliably as the iPhone's.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Where did you read reviews that the screen is one of the best available? I'm genuinely interested. Every review I have read an watched say the screen is crisp and clear, but appears washed out. Most agreed that the One's and G2's screens look better and probably 70% also thought the S4 had a nicer looking screen. I too am a heavy user of Google products. I have a One GPe, Chromebook, use Chrome exclusively (other than testing how web pages I write render in other browsers), rely heavily on Drive, use Hangouts, Gmail, Docs, Google+ and Maps on a daily basis, as well as using Wallet, Keep, and QuickOffice fairly regularly. I agree that Google is doing the most to advance the mobile market at the moment, and I do not think I could switch to another OS. However, when my wife wanted to switch off of Windows Phone, I got her an iPhone. She takes so many pictures on her phone, the camera is by far the most important feature in a phone to her. No Android phone has a camera the works as good as reliably as the iPhone's.
Its in the top 5. It's Blacks are not as good as the AMOLED on the S4 closer to the LCD on the HTC One. The whites are not as good as the iphone's Retina. The only way you could tell though is to compare them side by side something most people can't or don't do. This info is from Cnet. The washed out look was mentioned by them, but only noticeable in a direct comparison.

They are all so good that its virtually a moot point.

and for the OP , Its certainly the best Nexus available....Why worry whether others think its good, just enjoy it. You know the way ios folks enjoy their phones...and Samsung and HTC's folks enjoy their phone's. I can't choose a phone for someone else, others have different budgets and needs. I don't know a single person in my real life that can afford to spend $425 for a Nexus 5...Not a one. They think folks like us are insane!

Last I looked Google makes about as much money off ios as it does off of Android. That is why they give ios really high quality versions of their services and apps. The only phone they are reluctant to support is Window's. For obvious reasons.(Bing and Services)

Also Samsung every year gets closer and closer to forking Android.I consider it forked already... Its coming. When Samsung is off the train, than Android is going to be a weak stepchild to ios again. Samsung is carrying the whole Android train on their back.

Last edited:

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

The Nexus 5 is better because of this. Both are high end smartphones

iPhone 5s 32GB Silver (GSM)
Item Price: $749.00 Quantity (iPhone 5s 32GB Silver (GSM) Line Price:$749.00
Nexus 5 (32GB, White) $399.00 Subtotal $399.00

m3nphls

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Spoken like a true fan boy lol. But hey! that's why people have choices right? Lucky me I have a jailbroken iphone 5 and bought a Nexus 5 to use on prepaid.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Biased post is biased.

Just wait Apple fan. The Nexus 5 and other high end Android phones are more affordable and the same high quality products of any phone on the market. Android has taken the market share that will only grow in the emerging international markets since Apple wants to over charge people for their product and won't make an inexpensive phone or tablet. I broke out of Apple's prison and won't ever go back. I broke out of AT&T's prison that Apple put me in and I won't ever go back to either.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

Just wait Apple fan. The Nexus 5 and other high end Android phones are more affordable and the same high quality products of any phone on the market. Android has taken the market share that will only grow in the emerging international markets since Apple wants to over charge people for their product and won't make an inexpensive phone or tablet. I broke out of Apple's prison and won't ever go back. I broke out of AT&T's prison that Apple put me in and I won't ever go back to either.

That "Apple Fan" uses a Nexus 4 and he's waiting to order a Nexus 5 since he can't yet in New Zealand. He was just pointing out the op is being a little strong on the subject. I'm typing this out on my iPhone 5S that I'm selling for the Nexus 5. I agree with some points made by the OP but to outright dismiss Apple is asinine because there is no other product launch that sees the type of craze or people lining up to get one other than the iPhone. Google is making great strides with Android but you have to admit that Apple knows what it's doing.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

I agree with others' sentiments in that both the Nexus 5 and the iPhone 5S are great products and it comes down to personal preference.

Michael Jordan5, what do you think is so different about the Nexus 5 release over previous Nexus releases? I think that each Nexus phone that came out was phenomenal for its time. The Nexus line was primarily intended to be a developers' phone. Over the course of different Nexus models, some have been released on carriers while others haven't. I still don't consider them to be mainstream consumer devices, but they are not strictly developers' devices either.

My point is that Google isn't executing a plan to take the lead back with Nexus devices. If Google wants to make a splash in the consumer market, they are going to do it via the Motorola line of phones, not the Nexus line of phones. This Nexus 5 launch was an example of that. I had to read blogs to find out that the phone was released. I doubt that we will ever see commercials for it on television like we do with the Moto X.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Apple fan? Hardly. I criticise Apple when I feel they mess up. I have posted things on iMore that would class me as an Apple basher- that too recently.
Just ask Swarlos. Oh, yeah I will be getting a Nexus 5 but just because I can see biased postings doesn't make me an Apple fanboy.

- - - Updated - - -

That "Apple Fan" uses a Nexus 4 and he's waiting to order a Nexus 5 since he can't yet in New Zealand. He was just pointing out the op is being a little strong on the subject. I'm typing this out on my iPhone 5S that I'm selling for the Nexus 5. I agree with some points made by the OP but to outright dismiss Apple is asinine because there is no other product launch that sees the type of craze or people lining up to get one other than the iPhone. Google is making great strides with Android but you have to admit that Apple knows what it's doing.

Thanks for the support :bro fist:

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

While I agree the op was being a Lil bias he did make a couple of key points. One being that android isnt the same as it was years ago.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n ohio Austin IL)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

Apple fan? Hardly. I criticise Apple when I feel they mess up. I have posted things on iMore that would class me as an Apple basher- that too recently.
Just ask Swarlos. Oh, yeah I will be getting a Nexus 5 but just because I can see biased postings doesn't make me an Apple fanboy.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the support :bro fist:

Haha np :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante