Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Because it has no widgets or things. And what you grow up using will obviously be easier for you. I used iOS for 4 years then switched to Android on Nexus 4 and had certain issues.
The widgets just makes it easier in my opinion, I find that iOS is counter-intuitive

jeremydc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was a Nexus 4 owner since launch and I just ordered a 64 GB gold Iphone. I enjoy what Android has to offer in terms of customization but I thought it was time for a change. I have never owned anything APPLE but I think it's just time for a change. I wanted a smaller screen, better camera tech and something different. I will miss Swype alot though (

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Because it has no widgets or things. And what you grow up using will obviously be easier for you. I used iOS for 4 years then switched to Android on Nexus 4 and had certain issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Grown up with different things.

I understand what you are saying but as the video shows IOS is not easier to use and the widgets on android actually make it easier to use. It actually takes more steps to do things in iOS.. Therefore, the saying, apple is simpler to use doesn't make sense.

Posted via Android Central App

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I understand what you are saying but as the video shows IOS is not easier to use and the widgets on android actually make it easier to use. It actually takes more steps to do things in iOS.. Therefore, the saying, apple is simpler to use doesn't make sense.

Well the Control centre fixes the quick toggle option. I also see your point of view. But you have to understand that when a person switches from an iPhone then they find Android confusing.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well the Control centre fixes the quick toggle option. I also see your point of view. But you have to understand that when a person switches from an iPhone then they find Android confusing.

But the Control Center is a butchered version of what Android has. You can't hold the quick toggles to go into the settings and change stuff around like you an on Android. If you want to change Wi-Fi networks or sign in to one for the first time you still have to go through the settings to get there when on Android you can just hold it.
And yes, going from iOS to Android is hard but not as hard as Android to iOS. My dad had an HTC Vivid and now he's completely lost with his iPhone that he got through his employer.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
While thanking everyone for keeping the debate about the topics and not the members (for the most part), I'd also say that the Nexus is probably the best Android device out (unless you need a giant phone, your phone is the only camera you'd ever want (and it's not bad there, just not the best) or you need an SD card) and the iPhone is a terrible Android device. It's still not even been updated to Froyo. As far as which is objectively better than the other... I keep asking, "at what?" Because even though the iPhone 5s is probably the 2nd worst Android device out there (worst being the 5c), no Android partnered OEM has made a decent iOS device ... ever. Every Android OEM, including LG and the Nexus line absolutely sucks at making iPhones. I've never seen a decent LG or Samsung iPhone anywhere. If I want an iPhone, I know to buy from Apple. If I want an Android, it's Nexus, Samsung if I need a Note or Moto, now that they've stepped up with some hard hitting activity.

/irony

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
But the Control Center is a butchered version of what Android has. You can't hold the quick toggles to go into the settings and change stuff around like you an on Android. If you want to change Wi-Fi networks or sign in to one for the first time you still have to go through the settings to get there when on Android you can just hold it.
And yes, going from iOS to Android is hard but not as hard as Android to iOS. My dad had an HTC Vivid and now he's completely lost with his iPhone that he got through his employer.

Control centre is simply that. A few toggles a few quick launch apps and flashlight. That's fine for most people, besides its not like the WiFi settings are hidden. They are on the top. Android sucks at being IOS and IOS sucks at being Android.

With that I bid you farewell to start figuring out how I can get a Nexus 5 imported to me :D

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Control centre is simply that. A few toggles a few quick launch apps and flashlight. That's fine for most people, besides its not like the WiFi settings are hidden. They are on the top. Android sucks at being IOS and IOS sucks at being Android.

With that I bid you farewell to start figuring out how I can get a Nexus 5 imported to me :D

I think you know approximately 2,000,000 Android users that might be willing to help out with that. Might want to meet with one of the UK folks for the correct version, assuming you need the global one and not the North American one.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I think you know approximately 2,000,000 Android users that might be willing to help out with that. Might want to meet with one of the UK folks for the correct version, assuming you need the global one and not the North American one.

Need the global one. I can only get one imported from the USD:

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I honestly think we have passed the point where [insert Android phone here] is better than the iPhone in 2011, maybe 2010. At this point in time, its just a continuation of some Android greatness. I see some reviews, reviewers still try and compare Android to the iPhone, buts its becoming pointless now.

What I have seen over the past few years is some review, reviewers comparing the iPhone to Android. Or like putting some Android phone as the top phone and the iPhone striving to compete with it. I agree with those that say its all preference and its just great to have so many good choices out there, not just Android but the iPhone, WP, BB too. At one time it was the iPhone, a few Win Mo and BB phones as choices for a decent handset.

I just hope Google continues its path, and use Blackberry, Palm and Microsoft as examples of what NOT to do.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
And what are the "nots"?

@T-Mobile GN3

I'd venture that one of them is single platform apps with poor or nonexistent support for industry standard or industry leader versions. Also, announcing 18 months in advance that you're not going to support just released devices with future OS updates is a poor plan It might be true that the plan is exactly that, but it discourages potential buyers when they hear that.

AaronM1

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
But if you're already enrolled into Apple's ecosystem, the iPhone is by far the better phone, if you're into Google then Android is the obvious pick. I don't want an iPhone, but as the Chromebook and Nexus tablets aren't suited to my needs as a student, I have a Late-2013 iMac and an iPad 2 instead with a N5 alongside, sure I'm an Apple fan and believe me it's a pain but I'd have the N5 over an iPhone any day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae