I have an iPhone 5s currently. I bought a nano to micro adapter for my Nexus 5. I am going to pop this in as soon as my phone arrives. Two questions:

1. Will I have to mess with any settings on the Nexus 5 to get it to work properly? On the Nexus 4 I had to mess with everything to get MMS and HSPA+ to work.

2. If I decide to go exclusively Nexus 5 and ditch my iPhone will AT&T give me a new micro sim or will they charge me activation fee or something? Maybe I wouldn't have to mess with settings if I did this?

Thanks
    11-02-2013 10:52 AM
    Let me know what you find out and have to do. I have Lumia 920 that I want get rid of and goto Nexus 5 on AT&T.

thx
    11-02-2013 11:04 AM
    I have an iPhone 5s currently. I bought a nano to micro adapter for my Nexus 5. I am going to pop this in as soon as my phone arrives. Two questions:

1. Will I have to mess with any settings on the Nexus 5 to get it to work properly? On the Nexus 4 I had to mess with everything to get MMS and HSPA+ to work.

2. If I decide to go exclusively Nexus 5 and ditch my iPhone will AT&T give me a new micro sim or will they charge me activation fee or something? Maybe I wouldn't have to mess with settings if I did this?

Thanks
    I'm not sure about doing anything to the settings for the Nexus 5 after you put your nano sim in. I will be doing this also, using the one from my Moto X. If you go exclusively with the Nexus 5, I don't think they will charge you a activation fee since it's a unlocked phone and works on their network.

From my experience I never had a issue swapping phones with the same sim card. Last year I had a Iphone 5 and later got a Galaxy S3. I used an adapter but later called At&t, and got a micro sim sent to me for free. If you go to the store they will charge you for the sim card.
    11-02-2013 11:11 AM
    I'm not sure about doing anything to the settings for the Nexus 5 after you put your nano sim in. I will be doing this also, using the one from my Moto X. If you go exclusively with the Nexus 5, I don't think they will charge you a activation fee since it's a unlocked phone and works on their network.

From my experience I never had a issue swapping phones with the same sim card. Last year I had a Iphone 5 and later got a Galaxy S3. I used an adapter but later called At&t, and got a micro sim sent to me for free. If you go to the store they will charge you for the sim card.
    If you go to a corporate AT&T store they will not charge you for a new Sim. I have some it a couple of times now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    11-02-2013 11:39 AM
    My guess is it will take some fiddling. I say this solely based in my experience with the Nexus 4 and the GPE S4, both of which required me to mess with the APN settings to get everything working right. That said I am on AIO, a prepaid subsidiary of ATT...so maybe your experience will be different :-)

Posted via Android Central App
    11-02-2013 12:15 PM
    Make sure that you turn iMessage off and send a few texts to your frequent contacts using regular SMS before you take out the sim and put it into the n5. Also if you have an iPad I would suggest turning off iMessage there as we'll. It causes quite a bit of issues in message delays and or messages not being sent/received to iphone users. You shouldn't have to tweak any mms/network settings on the n5 if you do this beforehand. Lastly - if you did choose to stick with the n5 a corporate att store will give you a new micro sim free of charge as someone above mentioned.
    11-02-2013 12:17 PM
    I can also confirm that a corporate store will give you a new SIM card free of charge. I've done this when switching phones for myself as well as family.
    11-02-2013 02:23 PM
    The store I went to must not have been a corporate one, they were going to charge me $10.00 for a sim card. I called At&t and they just sent one to me for free.
    11-02-2013 02:29 PM