Apple always likes to have these big announcements for their products. I'm kind of glad Google didn't make a big invitation press announcement for the Nexus 5. There was so much leaked about the phone it would have been laughable if they got up on stage somewhere to "break" the news about the new Nexus 5. I wonder if all the leaks were intentional or if Google would have liked to have had a big press conference for the phone. Apple is starting to look foolish when they can no longer keep a secret about their products and then get up on stage to announce what we pretty much already know. Looking back at all the leaks you gotta wonder if Google is disappointed......
    11-02-2013 12:58 PM
    Apple always likes to have these big announcements for their products. I'm kind of glad Google didn't make a big invitation press announcement for the Nexus 5. There was so much leaked about the phone it would have been laughable if they got up on stage somewhere to "break" the news about the new Nexus 5. I wonder if all the leaks were intentional or if Google would have liked to have had a big press conference for the phone. Apple is starting to look foolish when they can no longer keep a secret about their products and then get up on stage to announce what we pretty much already know. Looking back at all the leaks you gotta wonder if Google is disappointed......
    Honestly, I think the leaks this time around were good for Google. It hyped up the device that much more leading up to the release. Had the leaks presented low spec'd hardware, then yes, there might have been a negative reaction by the public which could have caused some sort of discomfort, if any, with Google. Still, regardless of the Specs, having a Nexus device is in itself something to want. Consider it a plus that the Nexus 5 has the specs and global support it was announced with - hopefully this sets off a trend for future devices by OEMs.
    11-02-2013 01:01 PM
    I think the big difference is that Apple makes a lot of their profit from the devices they sell so they need that big build up,anticipation,mystery. Whereas Google makes either very little profit if any at all or loses money on devices but makes most of their money with content and advertisement. I wonder what difference is between what Apple spends on advertising their products and what Google spends. Millions ?
    11-02-2013 01:09 PM
    If apple prosecuted all the tech bloggers for leaking information contained within NDA's you would be the first one posting how foolish it is for apple to sue its fan base. The moral compass of journalists has always pointed towards whatever suits their personal needs. If NDA breaches were aggressively punished, there would be no more leaks. Then you and others on the web would be complaining that google, apple, samsung are being too secretive and need to release some teaser information to keep you happy. That would then lead to being more lenient on NDAs which would lead to almost all info being leaked before launch. That would lead to posts questioning why they allow all their secrets to be leaked before launch. That would lead to being stricter on NDA breaches. That would lead to people complaining that not enough info is being given out before launch. That would lead to, well I hope you get the picture.
    11-02-2013 01:12 PM
    Without the huge press event how else would apple be able to let everyone know they invented features like quick settings, or multi tasking...or notifications...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    prissysox, ludesleep and cadis12 like this.
    11-02-2013 06:16 PM