hi all
    currently using iphone 4s ( long story as to why ) but have been wanting to go back to android for quite some time but unable to afford to UNTIL now with the nexus 5. I'm still on contract for about 8 months but selling the 4s plus extra few quid to get the nexus. Using my current sim then when contract ends go to sim only. The phone seems to check all my boxes, the camera seems to be fine ( as long as it is not worse the the 4s ) holds its own in what i've seen against galaxy s4 . The only things i have not yet seen are does it have dlna ( ie play nice with my samsung tv for pics and vid off the phone ) and what the battery life will be like, again as long as it is not worse than the 4s i think this might be the phone to get me back to android .

any help and advice would be great .

again thanks
    tbg
    11-03-2013 04:30 PM
    The question shouldn't be to buy or not buy but what color and size will you buy.
    11-03-2013 04:34 PM
    better to get the answers to my questions than suffer the slings and arrows of an uninformed decision
    11-03-2013 04:38 PM
    Not sure if it does or not, but if you install something like Bubble Upnp, it should be fine, I think.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-03-2013 05:07 PM
    I use bubble on my nexus 7 which does not have dlna but would prefer it if it was slightly easier via dlna rather than a work around via an app.
    11-03-2013 05:23 PM
    Any help will do
    11-04-2013 06:29 AM
    I'm waiting to get mine. Gonna get mine after the crazy ordering dies down! Thinking black for me. The white looks pretty bad IMO. (With the black front.)
    11-04-2013 07:49 AM
    I use a google chromecast to "cast" everything between my N7/N4 and Vizio TV.
    11-04-2013 10:14 AM
    Battery reviews seem to coming in with the best I've seen being rated at just "OK" going down to almost bad so nothing great so far. All referring to low , medium , heavy usage which is down to individual use, I'm not sure what category my daily usage would be in . Has anyone seen direct stats or comparisons, the comparison I'm need is against iphone 4s to get an indication relative to my phone ie video run down time , music etc etc . I know it's still early in the nexus life and still waiting for FULL reviews but any help would be great because if the battery is as good /Bad as the 4s then I'll be ordering mine asap just need the final piece in the puzzle regarding the battery

thanks all
    11-05-2013 01:16 AM
    Battery reviews seem to coming in with the best I've seen being rated at just "OK" going down to almost bad so nothing great so far. All referring to low , medium , heavy usage which is down to individual use, I'm not sure what category my daily usage would be in . Has anyone seen direct stats or comparisons, the comparison I'm need is against iphone 4s to get an indication relative to my phone ie video run down time , music etc etc . I know it's still early in the nexus life and still waiting for FULL reviews but any help would be great because if the battery is as good /Bad as the 4s then I'll be ordering mine asap just need the final piece in the puzzle regarding the battery

thanks all
    well, Verge review said Nexus 5's battery is among the worst they seen in a while, their battery test lasts 3.75hrs, and real world usage ranging from 8 to 16 hrs under "moderate use". Unfortnately they did not run the battery test on iPhone 4s, but did comment that it go through 16 hrs easily with "heavy use".

I am going to say its likely that Nexus 5's battery life is significantly worse than iPhone 4s'.
    11-05-2013 04:55 AM

thanks all
    I have not been impressed with the battery life at all!!! Had to grab the charger 3 times yesterday. Coming from the Note 3, it has been an adjustment, but I'm going to give it a few more days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    11-05-2013 05:00 AM
    Since I got it yesterday though, I'm going to really put it through its paces today and see how it turns out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-05-2013 05:04 AM
    Think im going Moto x. I just feel i will use these features much more plus the wood backs are coming out soon. Looove the look of those

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    11-05-2013 05:21 AM
    I'll still wait to get conformation on comparison battery life hoping it's not worse than 4s. It's just at that price I can get back onto android before my contract ends and so I don't have to wait but if battery is not so good I will probably just wait until contract ends then see what's out there
    11-05-2013 06:41 AM
    Since I got it yesterday though, I'm going to really put it through its paces today and see how it turns out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    try calibrate it first, do a 100-10-100% procedure, then see how long it lasts from there.
    11-05-2013 06:44 AM