I am a nexus fanboy.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Seriously. If it weren't for Nexus program, I probably would leave Android. The best part about nexus phones is that all the OEM's launch a phone during the year and that at the end of the year Google launches a phone with better hardware than any of them, at half the price. At that price you can have a new nexus every year without having to stare at the same phone for 2 years or paying $700 every year in order not to, along with direct updates and total freedom from carrier and OEM interference or meddling. The best part is that even if one of the OEM phones does have one or two features better than a Nexus (that can't simply be copied using an app), they're all ultimately trumped by price. You simply can't beat the win/win scenario these phone provide.

Of course personal preference cannot be ignored. I know some people who just can't get by using phones any smaller than the Samsung Note series for example. Luckily I don't have any specific preferences that I need so strongly they can't be overlooked other than a demand to be out of the grip of carriers without having to pay double the price in order to have that.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree. You are. ;) lol

I think you're not alone.

lol yeah.. I might as well admit it :p

I love it though. The one thing I've always admired Apple for the most is their total control over their smartphone and tablet hardware and software production and delivery of it. Nexus devices allow me the same luxury and experience. If it wasn't for that I'd be sorely tempted to plug my nose and bite the bitten fruit by now.

EvanJ18

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree completely. My last non nexus phone was an Incredible 2. I enjoyed rooting and flashing and having an almost stock experience. But it was never 100% stable.
Since then I've had the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, and now Nexus 5. As long as they keep up this pricing structure, I'll be back every year.

Posted via Android Central App

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'll add my name to the Nexus fanboy list, lol.

Let's not limit this to just phones. The Nexus tablets are easily the best Android tablets you can buy, as you get the most bang-for-your-buck. How many other OEMS are selling a 7-inch tablet with full 1080p screen, for only $230?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
if there was no Nexus program i would probably get the Note 3. that huge beautiful display would at least be some consolation.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I too can't wait for my new nexus 5 to arrive. That said, I am still extremely impressed with the Moto x I have been using. Its not always about specs. I still pop my Sim into my HTC one on occasion , yet still find myself missing the form factor of the moto x. I actually don't see any phone including the nexus replacing the x as my daily device.

Regardless at the end of the day the nexus lineup just can't be beat. Price wise its outstanding hardware, hard to believe actually. Looks like the camera is also top notch, examples I have seen are amazing.

Also look at the nexus 7. Hands down the best tablet in its size IMO.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

Amy wineBerry

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I hope the Nexus 5 can get me to change how I feel about Android in general and won't change how I feel about the Nexus line. I've wanted a Nexus device since I saw the GNex, but my apprehension toward Android kept me back. Instead, I went with a number of other Android devices. I guess I did that so I could maintain what is the equivalent of a crush on the Nexus line. (Ya know, sometimes having a crush is way better than pursuing more...)

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Nexus fanboy also. It's been that way since the Nexus One. My first two devices were a Nexus one and IPad.

I remember way back when google sold the Nexus one online. There was no play store, just the old Android market, and the Nexus One was sold on a separate site.

It seemed like Google really wanted to push the nexus one as a mainstream consumer device but that didn't work out. They stop selling it after a few months and only developers could buy it. This is when everyone started considering it a developer phone.

Fast forward today and I'm waiting on my Nexus 5. I know I'm a fanboy because no matter what negative things I hear I know I will like this phone, I can tell that from the videos I've seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
^This^ I like the Stock experience but I prefer the non-Nexus phones. So I flashed SlimBean ROM on my S4 :D
Aside from the processor, this phone is better then the Nexus 5 IMO :p

Posted via Android Central App

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I am a Nexus fanboy myself. I love my N7. I have had Motorolas and HTCs and I didm?t like the skins, and I am not willing to try them again because I have found my sweet spot with the stock Google experience.

I am in the Apple ecosystem (Apps, media, email, calendar, contacts and other Apple equipment) so I am not willing to make the switch full time.

EnigmaticPsychotic

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I came to Android somewhat late (2011) with an HTC Inspire 4G on AT&T. It didn't take long for me to fall for the ecosystem. I wanted to get the Galaxy Nexus, but it was initially just a CDMA exclusive. I still almost grabbed one once it was GSM sold at the Play Store. I love my N4 and my N5 should be here tomorrow.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The Inspire 4G was also my first Android phone, although I bought a Nook Color before that, rooted it and installed CM7. I think I had Sense on my Inspire for 2 days, then rooted & switched to AOSP and never looked back. The GS3 was my last non-Nexus Android device. It pretty much ran CM10.x the whole time.

The N5 is my 3rd Nexus device. I didn't really realize it when it happened, but I guess I'm a fanboy, too. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

netwerx1

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I've found I'm not a fanboi of anything technology-related, I have no loyalty whatsoever to any brand or platform. I will always use what works best for me and my specific needs at any given time. I've gone from Windows Mobile, to iPhone, to BlackBerry, to Android (SGS2), back to BlackBerry, and am now going to try a Nexus device...because no matter how much I like BB10 as a core platform, it's just not working out for my long term needs. My tablets are an iPad and a Kindle Fire HD. I have both Mac and PC and use both every day. If the Nexus turns out not to give me the experience and productivity that I want and expect, then I'll move on to something else.

Last edited:

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Tried many different OEM skins (IE Sense, Touchwiz) although some do have their features that may be useful to me most seem to be gimmicks than anything else. Most OEM skins seem clunky and cartoonish for me dating back to MotoBlur. I've learned Nexus/Stock android is the only way to go for me.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
The one thing the nexus has over any other Android phone by far is hackability. Samsungs need odin, HTC needs htc dev site, I don't know if you can even unlock moto's bootloader. Just a general hassle to mod/hack any other phone other than a nexus.

The third party development on Nexus phones are second to none. The rom, kernel, mod scene is huge. The bigger developers like cyanogen, aokp, carbon etc have teams of talented people building advanced capabilities into roms and kernels. I'm what one would call a crackflasher. I flash stuff almost daily on my n4.

Lots of you folks have no interest in this stuff and will keep your nexus stock and that's fine. Me? I like to tinker.

So, yeah I guess I am a fanboy.

KitKat Nexus⁴ :)p)

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Nexus fanboy, add me to the list!

If it weren't for the Nexus program I would have still been on my iPhone ******** about how Apple hasn't increased screen size and how updates are too slow on Android.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Forget a company, I'm loyal to my needs but I gotta say the only Android phone that pries me away from my iPhone is my N4 and I'm sure that'll continue with the N5. The HTC One comes pretty damn close, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci