Which Carrier?

Ruben

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately it's time for me to say goodbye to Verizon. I'm jumping ship to go to a carrier that has a less tenuous relationship with Google. After the whole tablet fiasco coupled with VZW's decision not to carry the Nexus 5, I've decided that this is probably a good decision. But where do I go? I've been super pleased with VZW's 4G coverage...who is the most comparable with speed and sheer coverage area?

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Depends on where you live and it depends on your usage to answer this. AT&T generally has comparable coverage to verizon though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately it's time for me to say goodbye to Verizon. I'm jumping ship to go to a carrier that has a less tenuous relationship with Google. After the whole tablet fiasco coupled with VZW's decision not to carry the Nexus 5, I've decided that this is probably a good decision. But where do I go? I've been super pleased with VZW's 4G coverage...who is the most comparable with speed and sheer coverage area?

AT&T is the only one that's close in terms of size. Where you live though maybe its bad, no carrier is perfect everywhere. You'll have to check coverage maps of your area and where you travel to see which network is the best.

Rob220

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am also leaving Verizon but where I live T-Mobile is great. As a matter of fact all of the big carriers are good in phoenix except sprint.

Posted via Android Central App

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Seattle looks to have great coverage with all the big carriers. I've personally used Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint. Verizon has been the best speed and coverage wise. But most importantly the best in my workplace.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Seattle looks to have great coverage with all the big carriers. I've personally used Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint. Verizon has been the best speed and coverage wise. But most importantly the best in my workplace.

Sprint has the worst coverage in Seattle. T-Mobile has LTE now and their backup HSPA+ network is pretty fast. 10mbps down on hspa+ and 30 down on LTE.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Going to be on AT&T. I will just walk in the store with a sign on my chest reading "Dont take away my unlimited". They always ask to remove it and change whenever I walk in the place. Looking forward to tethering LTE!!!

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Sprint has the worst coverage in Seattle. T-Mobile has LTE now and their backup HSPA+ network is pretty fast. 10mbps down on hspa+ and 30 down on LTE.

I'll try T-Mobile again. I still have my $30 plan SIM. If I can call my wife and friends without having to stand next to a window then I'll drop VZ.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Depends on where you live.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=329723

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

I'm gonna have to look into this tomorrow ... I currently have tmo 100min 5gb hspa+ and satisfied but did not know they had an actual LTE now. Not sure how much more it would cost to get LTE

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

I did the same thing! Had the Verizon GNex (LOL) for almost 2 years now. Going to AT&T share plan for 4 GB with my Nexus 5 32 GB in black when it arrives Tuesday night :D

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so if I use AT&T do I need to setup a 2 year contract or can I do it prepaid?

You can use Aio Wireless or Straight Talk (AT&T's Prepaid offerings). Only downside is you don't get roaming when outside of their network, at least on Aio Wireless

Ruben

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
You can use Aio Wireless or Straight Talk (AT&T's Prepaid offerings). Only downside is you don't get roaming when outside of their network, at least on Aio Wireless

Interesting. So straight talk gives me ATT's coverage including LTE and all I need to do is buy a sim from them?

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm on AT&T. I've been a long time customer, and was with Cingular prior to them. I'm generally satisfied with their service. I just popped my SIM into my N5 and got some good speeds (LTE).

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna have to look into this tomorrow ... I currently have tmo 100min 5gb hspa+ and satisfied but did not know they had an actual LTE now. Not sure how much more it would cost to get LTE

All data is the same price on that plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol