11-08-2013 07:44 AM
27 12
tools
    Unfortunately it's time for me to say goodbye to Verizon. I'm jumping ship to go to a carrier that has a less tenuous relationship with Google. After the whole tablet fiasco coupled with VZW's decision not to carry the Nexus 5, I've decided that this is probably a good decision. But where do I go? I've been super pleased with VZW's 4G coverage...who is the most comparable with speed and sheer coverage area?
    somdave2005, UJ95x and tippmann15 like this.
    11-03-2013 08:18 PM
    Depends on where you live and it depends on your usage to answer this. AT&T generally has comparable coverage to verizon though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-03-2013 08:24 PM
    Unfortunately it's time for me to say goodbye to Verizon. I'm jumping ship to go to a carrier that has a less tenuous relationship with Google. After the whole tablet fiasco coupled with VZW's decision not to carry the Nexus 5, I've decided that this is probably a good decision. But where do I go? I've been super pleased with VZW's 4G coverage...who is the most comparable with speed and sheer coverage area?
    AT&T is the only one that's close in terms of size. Where you live though maybe its bad, no carrier is perfect everywhere. You'll have to check coverage maps of your area and where you travel to see which network is the best.
    11-03-2013 08:25 PM
    I am also leaving Verizon but where I live T-Mobile is great. As a matter of fact all of the big carriers are good in phoenix except sprint.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-03-2013 08:55 PM
    Seattle looks to have great coverage with all the big carriers. I've personally used Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint. Verizon has been the best speed and coverage wise. But most importantly the best in my workplace.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3
    rdubmu likes this.
    11-03-2013 09:07 PM
    11-03-2013 09:09 PM
    Seattle looks to have great coverage with all the big carriers. I've personally used Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint. Verizon has been the best speed and coverage wise. But most importantly the best in my workplace.

Sprint has the worst coverage in Seattle. T-Mobile has LTE now and their backup HSPA+ network is pretty fast. 10mbps down on hspa+ and 30 down on LTE.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-03-2013 09:19 PM
    Going to be on AT&T. I will just walk in the store with a sign on my chest reading "Dont take away my unlimited". They always ask to remove it and change whenever I walk in the place. Looking forward to tethering LTE!!!
    11-03-2013 09:27 PM
    Sprint has the worst coverage in Seattle. T-Mobile has LTE now and their backup HSPA+ network is pretty fast. 10mbps down on hspa+ and 30 down on LTE.

I'll try T-Mobile again. I still have my $30 plan SIM. If I can call my wife and friends without having to stand next to a window then I'll drop VZ.

11-03-2013 09:28 PM
    Depends on where you live.

11-03-2013 09:34 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=329723

11-03-2013 09:37 PM

I'm gonna have to look into this tomorrow ... I currently have tmo 100min 5gb hspa+ and satisfied but did not know they had an actual LTE now. Not sure how much more it would cost to get LTE
    11-03-2013 11:59 PM
    I did the same thing! Had the Verizon GNex (LOL) for almost 2 years now. Going to AT&T share plan for 4 GB with my Nexus 5 32 GB in black when it arrives Tuesday night
    11-04-2013 12:09 AM
    Okay, so if I use AT&T do I need to setup a 2 year contract or can I do it prepaid?
    11-04-2013 11:07 PM
    Okay, so if I use AT&T do I need to setup a 2 year contract or can I do it prepaid?
    You can use Aio Wireless or Straight Talk (AT&T's Prepaid offerings). Only downside is you don't get roaming when outside of their network, at least on Aio Wireless

11-04-2013 11:14 PM
    You can use Aio Wireless or Straight Talk (AT&T's Prepaid offerings). Only downside is you don't get roaming when outside of their network, at least on Aio Wireless

Interesting. So straight talk gives me ATT's coverage including LTE and all I need to do is buy a sim from them?
    11-04-2013 11:27 PM
    Interesting. So straight talk gives me ATT's coverage including LTE and all I need to do is buy a sim from them?
    I believe so. I think AIO is the same

11-04-2013 11:38 PM
    I'm on AT&T. I've been a long time customer, and was with Cingular prior to them. I'm generally satisfied with their service. I just popped my SIM into my N5 and got some good speeds (LTE).
    11-05-2013 12:04 AM
    I'm gonna have to look into this tomorrow ... I currently have tmo 100min 5gb hspa+ and satisfied but did not know they had an actual LTE now. Not sure how much more it would cost to get LTE
    All data is the same price on that plan.

11-05-2013 12:36 AM
    i recommend AT&T GoPhone over Straight Talk or AIO. read this entire thread to see why -

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ight-talk.html

good luck.
    11-05-2013 06:41 AM
    What is the difference between straight talk and gophone?
    11-07-2013 08:36 PM
    Going to be on AT&T. I will just walk in the store with a sign on my chest reading "Dont take away my unlimited". They always ask to remove it and change whenever I walk in the place. Looking forward to tethering LTE!!!
    Just tell them if AT&T gives you any trouble " I will go to AIO Wireless that AT&T owns 100% of AIO and uses the same AT&T network for a lot cheaper.
    11-07-2013 08:47 PM
    What is the difference between straight talk and gophone?
    GoPhone is AT&T no Contract services using their AT&T Network service. AIO is AT&T's No Contract discount service that uses AT&T that is like T-Mobile's Metro PCS network.

Straight Talk Wireless is owned by TracFone Wireless, Inc. is a prepaid wireless service provider in the United States, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. TracFone Wireless offers its wireless products and services under various brands that include TracFone, NET10 Wireless, Straight Talk, SafeLink Wireless, Telcel América, and Simple Mobile. TracFone Wireless is subsidiary of Mexico's largest telecommunications company América Móvil and operates as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) having multiple agreements to provide service utilizing the networks of the United States largest wireless carriers including AT&T Mobility, Sprint Corporation, T-Mobile US, and Verizon Wireless.
    11-07-2013 09:02 PM
    I went with Straight Talk & their at&t sim. So far the call quality is good and the data is fast. I was going to try Aio but when I heard they throttle your data speeds I chose ST.
    11-07-2013 09:54 PM
    If you're going AT&T... definitely GoPhone over Aio or any MVNO. You don't want LTE throttling.
    Interested to hear about what the coverage in Seattle is like; will be visiting family & friends there soon.

Go Seahawks
    11-07-2013 10:15 PM
27 12