Switch of Camera icon on Lock Screen

Matt74uk

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Even though I've got Enable Widgets unticked on the security settings of the phone, I still get a Camera icon in the bottom right corner of the lock-screen. This means people could pick up the phone and add pictures (and also so far this morning I've taken a photo of the side of my leg as I've taken the phone out of a pocket).

How can I switch this off?

Screenshot_2013-11-04-16-59-54.jpg

zippo_1

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I believe the camera icon could be from an App.
I've been reading App user agreements and so far
have not installed any of them.

YELP

Camera Take Pictures and Video
Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera.
This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time
without your permission.

Read Your Contacts
Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your phone, including the frequency with which
you've called, emailed or communmicated in other ways wwith specific individuals. This permission allows
apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.
Some Apps will take pictures and record audio without user consent.

Next time your about to install an App read the User agreement.

Mike

Last edited:

MachoDonut

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It's not from an app. It's a lockscreen shortcut by design. You can't turn it off because it's not a widget. You could try a lockscreen app from the Play store.

Paul Kennedy3

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Had this problem with my wife's phone. Go to settings, my device, lock screen, shortcuts. In the shortcuts window check none. Camera app will disappear from your lock screen.

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Had this problem with my wife's phone. Go to settings, my device, lock screen, shortcuts. In the shortcuts window check none. Camera app will disappear from your lock screen.

Thanks for trying to help but the settings you mentioned are NOT found in a Nexus 5.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As already mentioned, you can't turn it off (at least, not if you're unrooted). But the only thing anyone could do would be to add photos. You can't access photos already taken if you open the camera from the lockscreen.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Denyse Boulet

May 5, 2014
Visit site

I'm new to the android family and recently did a firmware update and after installation the camera icon was on my lockscreen.
Thank you so much for posting this! It was extremely helpful! :)

tlcfromsd

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I still haven't had much time to research the answer to why I have a camera icon on my Samsung Galaxy SIII but it appears to be the one thing that I'm able to access, even when my phone is locked! Apparently that's a feature of the phone. I can go straight to my camera even when the phone is locked. I guess Samsung thought that feature might be nice in case I'm trying to land a job working as Paparazzi! Lol!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz