The verge Nexus 5 review

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
It's a decent review...good to know that the camera will be updated by Google. It does make sense that it can be fixed as I've seen some good shots out there.

iMattGreat

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
It's a decent review...good to know that the camera will be updated by Google. It does make sense that it can be fixed as I've seen some good shots out there.

I wonder how the shots compare in the stock camera app vs 3rd party apps.

Posted via Android Central App

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'll admit, I'm a little reluctant, to head over there and read it. Their initial hands-on video, on YouTube, absolutely trashed it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Wiggy0211

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like they knew the camera app was poo so why not addressed before launching? I don't know how this works but is it a matter of being a mad dash to release on goal date and they just fix everything they can in that time and live with the rest? I'm sure a fix will come quick so not really worried... thank god no more verizon to deal with delaying it.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'll admit, I'm a little reluctant, to head over there and read it. Their initial hands-on video, on YouTube, absolutely trashed it.

They slam the camera pretty badly but overall a decent look. Thank goodness I own at least 4 paid camera apps since I owned the Nexus 4...I wonder why they did not give it a similar interface to the Moto x which is pretty good. I am also not a fan of the Nexus focus issues especially on video.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

It's a very fair review. I don't understand some of the hate going on about it, but I think people are still thinking about the aforementioned hands on video.

And I do not think he "slammed" the camera, but just that it should be capable of more and needs an update. Like the Moto X.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like they knew the camera app was poo so why not addressed before launching? I don't know how this works but is it a matter of being a mad dash to release on goal date and they just fix everything they can in that time and live with the rest? I'm sure a fix will come quick so not really worried... thank god no more verizon to deal with delaying it.

Didn't you know we are all google beta testers...

vlad22

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Are you kidding me?Honestly,I think that 4.4 Kitkat is just a little update from 4.3 so no thanks...

Sent from my Orange Zali using AC Forums mobile app

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
How many times can 1 person say "iPhone 5" in a review for another phone, im sure he said "iPhone" more than he said Nexus, otherwise a decent review

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
How many times can 1 person say "iPhone 5" in a review for another phone, im sure he said "iPhone" more than he said Nexus, otherwise a decent review

I think that iPhone is mentioned in AC forums more than it is in the iMore forums! You hardly ever see the opposite in the iMore forums. I love both platforms. Is it some trying to justify buying an Android over iPhone? Inferiority complex? Or just trying to start an argument?
Chill out! Enjoy what you have, and if you don't enjoy it, get something that will make you happy. I have a 5s now, and am considering trading it for a Maxx or an X, but either of the 3 will suit me.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think that iPhone is mentioned in AC forums more than it is in the iMore forums! You hardly ever see the opposite in the iMore forums. I love both platforms. Is it some trying to justify buying an Android over iPhone? Inferiority complex? Or just trying to start an argument?
Chill out! Enjoy what you have, and if you don't enjoy it, get something that will make you happy. I have a 5s now, and am considering trading it for a Maxx or an X, but either of the 3 will suit me.

Chill out? bud i can have any iDevice i want, the wife works for Apple, i was making a point, do you have an inferiority complex? did anyone say anything negative about the iPhone? are you posting this to attempt to protect your purchase? not one place did i say anything derogatory about the iPhone, i just found it bizarre that the reviewer of a well respected tech website drops the name iPhone more than the product he is reviewing, you must find that normal.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah I agree, not sure why people hate on the reviewers instead of the manufacturer. Reviews are just opinions and if there are issues with the device, I rather know than have someone sugar coat it and besides, things won't change unless people complain.

yancyv8

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I liked the review but after seeing the post of the nexus 5's camera on AC and then hearing what he had to say, I disagree completely. The camera looks just fine and I can't wait to get mine on Wednesday this week. He also mentioned iphone A LOT just like someone above said too. Sighhhhh.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

If you mention Android devices on the iMore forum people will instantly jump down your throat. Here we encourage talking about the competitors, I see it all the time here, civil conversations about the pros and cons of the iphone vs. "X" Android Device. This may be a forum about android devices, but we aren't blind to the competitors.

All that being said, The Verge is very known for putting the iphone in pretty much every article. I was surprised though to see they gave iOS7 a 8.0 and Kit Kat a 8.8. That is a huge win IMO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira