Wobbly power button...

Ice_Cold_Q

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I recieved my nexus 5 this morning from ordering it on friday at around 4pm. This year its been a great experience really, got the phone damnn quick and i was expecting it to me more delayed as i got the "by nov 8" frame. The phone is absolutely crazyy, works well and performs as its supposed to be. love it! The one thing thats getting to me is the wobbly power button, its not solid as the volume rockers and its just getting to me now, its not a deal breaker or anything i'm jus irritated by it really and wondering if anyone else is also experiencing this? isit worth it exchanging this device for another one via google?

svencux

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
my phone arrived today as well and i do have the same thing.
The power button feels kind of loos. If you shake the phone it even rattles again.

The second issues is the Wlan reception it seems to be a bit weak and not stable. My HTC one is performing better.

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm a bit nervous to get home from work and open my Nexus 5. It's starting to sound like my HTC One may be a far superior device (better building quality, no rattling buttons, better battery life, sexier design etc.). Here's to hoping that it's only a vocal minority that are having issues!

Ice_Cold_Q

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
damnn, i thought i woudnt have to go through this, this year as last year the nexus 4 had a Wi-Fi issue and then went through the return process and all......really dont wanna do this

digink

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Same, I'll confirm it once I get home.

Do any of you guys have cases on the phone? I wonder if this issue is pretty much taken care of when you pop a case onto the phone? Not sure if this would really warrant a replacement device...

That said I haven't had a chance to check out my phone just yet. My 32GB just arrived while I was at work and my 16GB comes in a few days so I'll test that one as well.

superblast

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I think the wobbly buttons are by design, maybe to make them more break resistant. They have a little play in their movement but I don't get a feeling of cheapness with them like I did on the HP Touchpad for instance. Quality is excellent.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
to be honest my volume rocker has the same amount of movement as the power button, im thinking they are looser due to being used more, i think they purposely did that so you dont get scrape marks on your buttons ans so they are easier to press, or maybe im full of **** and it is a problem lol

Ice_Cold_Q

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
yes could you guys please let me know if you have the same problem and if its really worth it to change it for another one, and as for its purposely designed, I have a gut feeling it really isnt, also if it was the volume rocker would be equally wobbly too but in fact isnt and is solid.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Grrrr I hate stuff like this -_-
Solidity in build quality should never be an issue, yet here it is again...

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I would say the Power button is designed that way because it will be getting heavy use. Might have been done to prolong the life of the ceramic buttons. Phone has a really light weight to it as well or that my old phone was just that heavy.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My screen is clicking and rattling when I press it, even lightly - do you think I should contact Google? :-\

That doesn't sound good at all. make sure its not the haptic feedback when you press things. Or just contact Google for a replacement if you don't want to take any chances with it.

Wiggy0211

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
My screen is clicking and rattling when I press it, even lightly - do you think I should contact Google? :-\

Um yeah don't think that's normal really. My phone is totally solid with small amount of play in power button.

Also, ceramic isn't really suppose to scratch. It is harder than steel but more brittle and like tungsten it can shatter. Getting any of your buttons to shatter would be some feat tho I'd imagine.

AaronM1

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
That doesn't sound good at all. make sure its not the haptic feedback when you press things. Or just contact Google for a replacement if you don't want to take any chances with it.

Definitely not, it's certainly coming from the screen itself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit nervous to get home from work and open my Nexus 5. It's starting to sound like my HTC One may be a far superior device (better building quality, no rattling buttons, better battery life, sexier design etc.). Here's to hoping that it's only a vocal minority that are having issues!

The HTC one also costs almost double the price.....