With this being only my second Android based phone, are there any apps you guys could consider must haves with this 1080p display?
    11-04-2013 07:41 PM
    Not necessarily display related, but there are a few apps that I install on every android device that I get.

SwiftKey: Hands down the best keyboard for an android device out there in my opinion.
    Pocketcasts: My favorite podcatcher. I listen to all the android related podcasts out there, and this keeps me up to date.
    Textra: It's a nice replacement for the stock texting app on android phones. Granted with everything moving into hangouts I'll endeavor to give that a shot first.
    Netflix: Self explanatory.
    Evernote: I'm a law student, and this app helps me organize literally everything for school and keep it all synced in the cloud. It's a lifesaver.
    Dropbox: For the same reason as Evernote.

There are so many others, but to me, those are the most important.
    11-04-2013 08:10 PM
    Not necessarily display related, but there are a few apps that I install on every android device that I get.

SwiftKey: Hands down the best keyboard for an android device out there in my opinion.
    Pocketcasts: My favorite podcatcher. I listen to all the android related podcasts out there, and this keeps me up to date.
    Textra: It's a nice replacement for the stock texting app on android phones. Granted with everything moving into hangouts I'll endeavor to give that a shot first.
    Netflix: Self explanatory.
    Evernote: I'm a law student, and this app helps me organize literally everything for school and keep it all synced in the cloud. It's a lifesaver.
    Dropbox: For the same reason as Evernote.

There are so many others, but to me, those are the most important.
    I know Swiftkey, and I agree its a must have. What would be the difference between drop box and Google Drive?
    11-04-2013 08:19 PM
    Not too much honestly. The only reason I really use dropbox over it is because I had a lot of content there before Google Drive was around, and I've paid for extra storage there. If you are looking to stay more within the Google ecosystem then Google Drive is just as good a choice.
    11-04-2013 08:25 PM
    Android Central app!

Posted via Android Central App
    mhettrich likes this.
    11-04-2013 08:41 PM
    Good apps that i always have on my devices, Android Central (obviously) Appy Geek for tech news, Dynamic Notifications is a great app
    11-04-2013 08:44 PM
    Good apps that i always have on my devices, Android Central (obviously) Appy Geek for tech news, Dynamic Notifications is a great app
    I've heard about Dynamic Notifications, but have never used it. Is it similar to Active Notifications on the Moto X in that when you pick it up it wakes the device from sleep to show you any notifications on the screen?
    11-04-2013 09:13 PM
    Yeah it wakes when you pick up from being face down or in your pocket, love this app

11-04-2013 09:39 PM
    Yeah it wakes when you pick up from being face down or in your pocket, love this app

Awesome! I loved that feature on my Moto X while I had it. I'll have to give the app a try when my Nexus gets here tomorrow.
    11-04-2013 09:48 PM
    Not a must-have list of apps but a couple of my favorites but I havent tested them in kitkat versions

Floating Browser(lets you run browse and run other apps at the same time i think)
    Gplayer(let you play youtube in the background while you do do something else)
    MyScript Calculator(calculates for you as you draw numbers on screen)
    11-06-2013 04:11 AM
    Nova Launcher

Why have we got a big, high res screen, and stuck on a 4x4 grid??
    Also hate the fixed left hand side home screen, with the fixed Google Now screen. I want my homescreen in the middle of 5 or 7 screens. (Probably just old age and increasing lack of mental flexibility!)
    11-06-2013 07:04 AM