Can sprint activate the 32gb nexus 5?

GoBigRed79

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
This was posted by a member on another forum:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

At this time, we are only supporting the 16GB Nexus 5. The system is/will not recognize the serial number for any device outside of that. I deeply do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. www.sprint.com/newsroon is a great place to stay on top of updates, should there be any.

Zena

Social Care Team

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I can't activate my 32gb, as the system says it is not a valid MEID.

Conflicting info from Sprint as usual. https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/671427

RLCOLLECTOR68 wrote:

All,

The 32GB version from Google Play Store can be activated online with Sprint or through our Sprint Chat team. Activation does require a UICC card (some call it a SIM card) obtained from a Sprint retail store at no charge. If the Sprint store has not received their shipment of UICC cards, our Sprint World Wide team can order one for you through our Chat option or calling into Care.

Steps to activate online:

Insert your UICC card and follow the prompts online to swap to your Google Nexus 5.
Manage My Sprint> Activate a new phone> Enter new device> In the Device code enter the IMEI and leave off the last IMEI digit. If all the digits are entered an error will be generated.

Please send me a Private Message with your IMEI and phone number if an error message is generated after following the above steps.

Thanks,
Blue

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I've read that you cannot activate any N5 till the 9th when they actually start to sell them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

bunsen

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
It would be great if AC would reach out to Sprint to get us a definitive answer.

Posted via Android Central App

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
That just seems ridiculous and odd, You can activate a 16GB but not a 32. I get that maybe Google/LG didn't provide them all the IMEIs but seriously the size of the device shouldn't make a difference.

banzaiwolfe

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
It would be great if AC would reach out to Sprint to get us a definitive answer.

How could we convince them to do that for us? Obviously it's going to be easier for them to get a real answer than us running around to low-level reps.

bunsen

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I sent Phil, AC, & Sprint a tweet regarding this last night. No response yet. I'm hoping someone at least acknowledges the situation, but I'm not holding my breath. Tweets can easily be overlooked.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Any success out there ? If not is it just a matter of time or a no go you think? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine up and running (32 gig play store device) I had to call customer support and they had to open a ticket with my IMEI # to get it accepted in Sprints system.. They did that last night around 5:30 pm central time.... This morning after I got to work I went to Sprint.com and followed the steps to activate a new device and after I entered my IMEI it asked for the ICCID (SIM Card) number and then said click to chat/complete your activation... The chat rep asked a few questions and in 5 minutes I was up and running.... It's working perfectly now...

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I can now activate my 32gb as Sprint recognizes the MEID (yesterday it said it was invalid). Too bad I still don't have a sim card...

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I can now activate my 32gb as Sprint recognizes the MEID (yesterday it said it was invalid). Too bad I still don't have a sim card...

My local Sprint store here in Texas had plenty of them... There is no Nexus 5 specific card.... They had them laying around and they gave me one free...

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to try the store today. I called yesterday and they said no, but I think the employees think the Nexus 5 needs a "special Nexus sim"

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to try the store today. I called yesterday and they said no, but I think the employees think the Nexus 5 needs a "special Nexus sim"

Hahaha...:D
Yea, many of those employees are just clueless! :banghead::D

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

they do. it wasnt till i called back with the uicc sku number that they finally admitted they have them in stock

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get one today, good thing I had the SKU as at first they said they hadn't received their shipment of "Nexus sims yet"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech