Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385164627857.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385164627857.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 60

HailStorm26

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

I have the sprint n5 and g2, had the note 3. Problem I am having is static, pops, squeals, during calls on both. I returned g2, have same issue, had same problem with note 3 , update fixed. I believe they all have same processor, wondering if fix is on the way?

I had this same EXACT issue with my G2 also on Sprint. I had a hard time deciding between the G2 and Nexus 5, but ended up going with the G2 mainly because Sprint did not offer 32 gb for the Nexus 5, which the G2 had 32 gb. Also because the G2 had an amazing camera I thought. I do not make long phone calls, usually only 1 to 5 minutes because I use Skype more often for people I talk to most. I noticed the popping and crackling noises with the first call on my G2. At first I thought it was reception but it happened briefly almost after every call for a week. So I looked it up online and found a discussion on here about multiple G2 users having the same issue. They were also on different carriers too, plus it never happened with my iPhone 4S on Sprint before that. That issue is what caused me to switch to Nexus 5, not wanting to risk getting another G2 with crackling noises in the call.

HailStorm26

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

I have had the Nexus 5 for 6 days now, so I have had a good amount of time to go through pretty much everything on it. I have only run into a few things, all of them I would consider 2 of them to be semi major issues.

1.) (The semi major issue) As many have already said, the volume for ring tones, notifications, and listening to videos at max is not very loud or good quality. I would say max volume is maybe 60% volume of what my iPhone 4S was. As switching to Android first time, that was a little disappointing but glad it seems to be software issue so that it can be fixed soon.

2.) (Semi major issue) Shutter speed on the camera is pretty slow. Takes about 2 seconds to take a picture once clicking the blue dot on the bottom.

3.) Google play updates (when set to prompt instead of automatic updates), does not prompt to download available updates except right after restarting the phone.

4.) LED light blinks for emails and hang outs messages. But I tested it from a missed call and it does not blink for a missed call. It also does not blink for Kik messages despite the Kik settings being set to white LED light. However the LED light not blinking for Kik is likely an issue with their app that they just need to update to support Android 4.4 and Nexus 5.

5.) My Twitter notifications vibrate even though I have vibrate ringing in my Android sound settings turned off. I check settings in Twitter and saw no vibrate setting in there. If anyone else has experienced this or knows how to make it stop, then please let me know. Also strange that it blinks green LED for Twitter notifications when all my stock apps blink white, and I also do not see a LED setting in the Twitter app.

So far those are the only issues I have experienced, and luckily I think they are all things that could possibly be fixed with Android 4.4.1 or updates from the apps I experienced some things with. Fingers crossed.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

With regards to the battery drain caused by Exchange Services, I've stopped using the default Email app and switched to Aqua Mail since apparently Outlook.com/Hotmail/Live email addresses support IMAP now so I'm able to use Aqua Mail for my MS email addresses. I don't get 'push' but setting the interval to 5 minutes for my main account isn't too bad. Battery life is doing a lot better now.

Yasser Almalky

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

Okay.. so I'm having this problem with my 32GB Nexus 5, where, everytime I transfer large amounts of data FROM the phone, around 15GB or so, the phone just randomly shuts down half-way, and the transferring freezes. When I try to turn it back on again, it would take more than the usual time while pressing it to turn on. ... I did try this on a couple of PC's, both Win7, btw.
Can someone try transferring at least 15GB (just to be on the safe side) or 8GB (if you have a 16GB version) from the phone onto a PC and see if the same problem occurs? please let me know, as this problem occurred to me with my previous Nexus 5 (where I replaced with this one because of the problem). HELP!!!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Not a problem but a mystery. Last week I was using tapatalk and my keyboard revealed at least a dozen pages of emoji.

But now, I'm looking for them (same stock Google keyboard) and I cannot find them. Clues?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site

My only complaint is when the brightness is at/below 15% the bottom left quadrant on the screen is significantly darker than the rest of the screen.

I rarely have it below 30% so it's not a deal-breaker, just annoying for those few times it goes to low brightness.

Noticed it immediately after receiving it (Monday after they went on sale) and reported it so it's on my file.
I can live with it (and have for almost a month) but the Google rep said it's a known issue they're working on so I might order a replacement next year when there's no wait time, we'll see.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

My battery lasted for one day and 2 hours,still 15% charge was left,I have used wifi n 3g moderately,few calls n sms here n there,watched YouTube videos for about an hour, went to bed at 10 pm.. and the whole night wifi was of,I am pretty surprised...

yes,my brightness levels are on lowest setting indoors,cranked them up when I went out,downloaded some apps as well.. it was my fourth day of using N5...

benny06

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

Keyboard issues.

This could be in part to the "No lock" app I have running that disables the lockscreen.

Every other time I get into the hangouts app for sms and try to type, it just plain doesn't work. I'm swiping all over and no words come up. I have to get out of the app, swipe it away and reopen it to work again. Fairly inconvenient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12