Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

Having trouble sending and receiving text messages. Receiving some messages hours later. Also not receiving some calls. Phone going straight to voice mail.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
This might be a dumb question but , i just havent been able to find out how to delete pictures from the gallery? Should be straight forward, but it isnt. I hold down on a pic and no delete option shows up.
Check your google+ account. Some pics are locked into it. Picasa tool let's you work with those pics from device. I don't use pictures much on my devices but remember that issue a while back when I wanted to delete some.
I'm trying to refresh my memory on it now but you'll probably figure it out before that happens. Google+ defaults to auto back-ups.
New kit Kat app, photos plus, might do the job. I can't replicate the no delete scenario atm.
I can't locate all the photos in the photo plus app. However, the photos in auto backup folder and post folder (in gallery) don't offer delete option there but do in picasa tool.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Raz431

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

How cab I connect to wifi again?
I rooted my phone tooday, got freedom, uninstalled it, then wiped all data because wifi wasn't working suddenly. Then when i opened it up, wifi still doesnt work and customer service isn't on.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

My issue is that it get hot when doing the most simple tasks. Installing apps, browsing on chrome, and youtube. I understand that if I was gaming for a while and it will get hot but not when youre doing simple task. My co-worker stated that he does not get warm even after a hr of gaming. Read on XDA another person having the same issue as me.
This is usually due to a rogue app that hasn't been updated for 4.4 Kit Kat. I have had this happen a lot when I get a new OS update. It isn;t common to everyone because they may not have the same apps you do.

biggeno313

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

Anybody noticing the brightness of your screen randomly blinking in certain apps or while browsing the web?

Posted via Android Central App

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Four new issues for me:
- Camera not metering correctly so outdoor shots completely blown out. (Reboot not fixing it)
- GPS cutting out intermittently (need to reboot to fix)
- data connection send to not always work as I will open a browser and pages won't start to load for about 5-10 second
- WiFi disconnects for no reason

Add this to:
- the voicemail notification issue
- Camera app freezing intermittently
- haptic feedback has gotten weaker
- the Bluetooth headphone issue

Pretty much all of it is probably software and I wish Google would at least release some kind of update by now...

Maybe I will just rma it and see if a new one fixed any of the issues...

Posted via Android Central App

ricoeur

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

I have been having terrible audio *output* drop outs (which I assume is audio stopping while it buffers). It's getting to the stage that I am going to return the phone to google and use my Nexus 4 again. I have had it with Chrome, Smart Audiobook player and very very badly with Google Play - even with locally stored mp3s. Also I am seeing about 1 reboot every 2 days, but this is liveable. Has anyone else had the same agony? If it is software I can wait for the fix, but if it's hardware I better return it before I lose my chance.

Am going to try to record a video of the problem using my issue-free Nexus 4.

michko

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

Hey guys just got the N5. Anyone else notice more dropped calls compared to prior device? Came from an S3 that didn't have problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys just got the N5. Anyone else notice more dropped calls compared to prior device? Came from an S3 that didn't have problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

no, no issues in my phone.

dziobak

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Hello guys,
I just go the N5 for my wife. Since we are currently using GoSmart Mobile, we simply just cut the sim card and moved it over to the new phone. However; what happened was that my wife is unable to receive text messages from Sprint and ATT (no problem with TMboile, Verizon etc), but she can send them out to these carriers. Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be and whether this is KitKat related issue? I tried to use a 3rd party text messenger instead of Hangout but this did not help. GoSmart had no idea either as they tried to switched me between different towers with no luck of restoring messages.
Please let me know and thanks a lot in advance.

krliuk

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

The only issue I have had so far is that the Battery app (Settings -> Battery) sometimes show the wrong "on battery" in the graph at the top. Mine currently show 1d 3h 36m, but I know it is about 1d 6h 45m.

Battery time is far better than any other Android phone I have had or seen. In stand-by with out actively using it, it draws about 1% of the battery per hour. Using the phone for 20-30 minutes a day leaves me with about 70-80% of the battery left in the evening. I am running with the location setting in Battery saving mode and with ART as the runtime though, but with Google Now etc turned on.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

My reception fluctuates and hands off between LTE and HSPA much more than it did on my GS4.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I had the same problem when I compared to friend's AT&T LTE phones. A simple APN change fixed the problem.

A problem - though I am unsure if it truly is a problem - is that I have seen mine drop all cell signal when the signal is low (1-2 bars) for a few seconds before popping back up to 1-2 bars. When compared to my GF's S3 she will still have a bar while I have nothing. Granted its only happened a few times and only for a few seconds but it still worries me. I know it could simply be a signal problem but I am more than a little paranoid when it comes to new devices. :confused:

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I had the same problem when I compared to friend's AT&T LTE phones. A simple APN change fixed the problem.

A problem - though I am unsure if it truly is a problem - is that I have seen mine drop all cell signal when the signal is low (1-2 bars) for a few seconds before popping back up to 1-2 bars. When compared to my GF's S3 she will still have a bar while I have nothing. Granted its only happened a few times and only for a few seconds but it still worries me. I know it could simply be a signal problem but I am more than a little paranoid when it comes to new devices. :confused:

What were the APN changes you you made?

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

What were the APN changes you you made?

I copied a coworker's S4's APN type: defualt,mms,supl,hipri.

I am having other difficulties getting the phone to connect to LTE though: tonight when I was driving around town it refused to connect to LTE. I restarted it and it popped up with LTE. Not sure what is going on but I have only had it a few days so I am playing around with stuff. Thought I had it nailed down.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Kit Kat 4.4.1 is on its way in the next couple of days. Should fix most if not all the camera problems.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

etclark3rd

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

I am experiencing degradation in signal strength when my hand covers the lower right hand corner of the phone. I generally lose two bars when this happens, and the phone has dropped a call or two because of this. It happens with T-Mobile, Red Pocket and Solavei SIMs that I have tested. This reminds me of the days when I had an iPhone 4 and we were told to put a bumper on the case. I did, and it didn't help. Is this a known problem with the N5?

Viventis

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

(In response to a person who had a problem) My screen turns off correctly when I put the phone to my face during a call.