Buying phone from T-Mobile?

Jaybotics

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. iPhone 5S user here, and I am very much interested in the Nexus 5. I am on AT&T though. Can I buy the phone from a T-Mobile store, and then take it to AT&T to activate it? If I buy it from a T-Mobile store, will it have the T-Mobile bloatcrap on the device?

thanks!

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Because I would want to buy it today and not have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to ship.

I don't believe T-Mobile is selling it yet, they haven't announced a date. As far as I know you could get it from Sprint off contract for $450 but that will be on the 8th and it's 16gb only.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep, T-Mobile hasn't started selling it yet. Here's the T-Mobile page for the phone: Google Nexus 5 Release Date | Sign up for Nexus 5 updates | T-Mobile. I'm fairly sure it's also been said that they will sell it in a similar fashion to the Nexus 4, meaning at a higher price than the Play Store.

Edit: I would also approach any sort of "good deal" Craigslist-type sales with caution, seeing as the device is still very new and in such high demand. If they're selling it at-cost and unopened, however, that's different and potentially worth buying. Just ensure you're getting the phone you're expecting to get, and in the condition you're expecting it to be in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc