Trying to figure out best way to stay on top of notifications. Not really thrilled with getting them in the notifications section for each email - I get too many of them.

My Galaxy S3 and past iphones all simply show you a notification with a number on the mail or messages app itself, telling me how many I have new or unread. I believe there is even a third party app for Gmail. But I assume it should simply be a setting to the existing apps or a active widget. But no luck.

Am I missing a setting that someone can please point out for me, or is there really no actual unread message totals notification on the email and hangouts icons?
    11-05-2013 02:19 PM
    Install the dashclock widget and it will display a count of unread messages on your lock screen. You can also replace your default clock widget (on the main home screen) with the dashclock widget to see the same counts etc on your home screen.
    11-05-2013 09:45 PM
    Trying to figure out best way to stay on top of notifications. Not really thrilled with getting them in the notifications section for each email - I get too many of them.

My Galaxy S3 and past iphones all simply show you a notification with a number on the mail or messages app itself, telling me how many I have new or unread. I believe there is even a third party app for Gmail. But I assume it should simply be a setting to the existing apps or a active widget. But no luck.

Am I missing a setting that someone can please point out for me, or is there really no actual unread message totals notification on the email and hangouts icons?
    How do I retrieve my hangouts icon
    08-10-2014 10:49 PM
    How do I retrieve my hangouts icon
    08-10-2014 10:51 PM