Returning my N5

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
So I LOVE the phone, but I noticed that the upper left of my screen is bleeding a bit through, as the photos in this post will prove. So I am going to call Google to see how I can exchange(which we did for my woman's nexus 7 with no problem).

I am going to see if I can swap it for a black one as well, I love the look of the white, but I want the rubberized sides and back than the hard plastic and glossy sides.

IMG_9285.jpg

IMG_9286.jpg

IMG_9297.jpg

IMG_9297 copy.jpg

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Good luck next one!

This is the curse of LCD, the light bleed can happen fairly frequently, AMOLED woudn't have this problem.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I need to stop looking at this forum... Unless the pictures don't do it justice that really isn't that bad, I swear reading some of the posts by OCD members makes me start trying to look for faults.

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I need to stop looking at this forum... Unless the pictures don't do it justice that really isn't that bad, I swear reading some of the posts by OCD members makes me start trying to look for faults.

Yeah I don't even know what to look for in those pictures? The little white speck in the corner? Seems like nothing to me. But to each their own.

AaronM1

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I've got an issue where the top of the screen feels very loose and makes a clicking noise when I tap it, even lightly.

I've contacted Google and hopefully I can get an exchange/refund/replacement - this isn't on in my view. :mad:

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Left of the notification bar. There is a sphere of light that is always there. Can only see on dark screens but still...for $400+ I want a proper screen.

I see a lot more details since I am a photographer. I am within the 2 weeks return anywho, so full refund. But I will have to wait with everyone else on the play store for their order.

canucks4life

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 4 does the same I've lived with it...I do think "bleeding" it is quite common with LCD displays especially with brightness 100%

sideshot

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
lol I am old and cant see ;) I have to put on the old man glasses just to see the screen (but it looks good when I do) :)

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
They will be sending the return slip tonight...maybe I won't. I am not good with waiting...3-4 weeks to get another.

If I would have known about glossy sides and plastic back on the white, I would have gotten the black rubberized back and sides like my N7

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
They will be sending the return slip tonight...maybe I won't. I am not good with waiting...3-4 weeks to get another.

If I would have known about glossy sides and plastic back on the white, I would have gotten the black rubberized back and sides like my N7

Agreed about the white. I love the look of the white but didn't know about the glossy sides until reviews started coming out. Why do they do that??? White nexus 4 was weird too. Sigh oh well

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney