Google Nexus 5 - Process android.process.media

_Tinus_

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hiya Androidians !

I don't know if any of you encounter the same problem as me, but while I was getting my Nexus 5 ready for my daily habits I tried to move the unusually large amount of photos from my GNexus to the Nexus 5. There must be between 2,800 and 3,000 photos that I took over the year.

But when I'm trying to copy these files onto the Nexus 5 memory i'm greeted halfway through or sometimes sooner with this error message
4zLsDbC.jpg

When I try to move less files at once the problem occurs also.

I did backup these photos to Dropbox Auto Upload and they are on my laptop HDD also. Before you ask I rather have the photos on the internal memory instead og G+ Auto Backup ad things like these.

Moving large amounts of data through standard USB connections seems a bit hectic. If any of you know of an app or another solution to avoid going through the typical MTP or PTP i'll be delighted.

Thank you all !

ask636

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have solved the problem with the following steps.

(1) connect the phone and then go to device manager to uninstall the Nexus 5 device. Then disconnect your Nexus 5 phone.
(2) Go to Settings> Apps> All> Media Storage, then clear data and clear cache.
(3) Download the newest sdk from Google and install everything under Android 4.4 (API 19) and also the Google USB Driver.
(4) Restart your Nexus 5 and then connect to the computer. Your computer will recognize your Nexus 5 again and install the driver.

Fixed.
You can then go to My Computer and see your Nexus 5. Open it and then you can copy whether your want.

Hope this help.

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

(1) connect the phone and then go to device manager to uninstall the Nexus 5 device. Then disconnect your Nexus 5 phone.
(3) Download the newest sdk from Google and install everything under Android 4.4 (API 19) and also the Google USB Driver.
(4) Restart your Nexus 5 and then connect to the computer. Your computer will recognize your Nexus 5 again and install the driver.

Fixed.
You can then go to My Computer and see your Nexus 5. Open it and then you can copy whether your want.

Hope this help.

He is right! I had this problem as well. I ending up wiping the phone then when it happened again i used the same steps above and it works. hopefully you try it before wiping your phone and saves you the grief

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I got around this problem by using AirDroid to copy 500+ images from my laptop to a CameraZoom folder on my N5.

I plan on using the same method to move 1000+ images that were previously on my N4 camera folder to a N4 image folder on the N5. I imagine it will take awhile, but it should work.

_Tinus_

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow thank you all you guys !

I actually solved this problem more or less but did not update this thread because I thought it went to the abyss. If you copy no more than a hundred files at once it works. It obviously took me forever because I had tons of photos but I got it to work.

But nevermind i'll definitely use ask636 method now, seems a lot more practical.

I tried copying my 3,000 photos through airdrop but yes it was clunky and would have taken forever.

Anyway thanks again for the update !

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site

Fixed.

Hope this help.

thanks this worked.
i only did step 2 and step 4 (step 4 only restarted nexus 5, not computer)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze