Swapped an iPhone 5 for a Nexus 5, need a bit of help please

chrisoldroyd

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys here we go, I've done it this time for good, I've left iOS and bought a Nexus 5.

Got everything working that I need, to forget all about iOS except one or two little things. First off notifications, I am used to being notified heavily on my iPhone, when the phone screen is off and an SMS or email comes in the phone wakes and I can read part of the message without even touching it. I want this on Android, is it possible to do?

Also I need to make the lock screen more functional, I need to be able to touch the power button and see info at a glance without unlocking the phone, things like missed calls, emails, sms etc. What's the best way of doing this?

Cheers
Chris

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys here we go, I've done it this time for good, I've left iOS and bought a Nexus 5.

Got everything working that I need, to forget all about iOS except one or two little things. First off notifications, I am used to being notified heavily on my iPhone, when the phone screen is off and an SMS or email comes in the phone wakes and I can read part of the message without even touching it. I want this on Android, is it possible to do?

Also I need to make the lock screen more functional, I need to be able to touch the power button and see info at a glance without unlocking the phone, things like missed calls, emails, sms etc. What's the best way of doing this?

Cheers
Chris

Welcome to the forums and Android.
I don't have a Nexus 5, but your second part of your question: when you unlock the device, all of those things will have unique icon in your status bar. Without unlocking the device you should be able to pull down the notification shade and if you don't have multiple alerts like texts, it should give you a preview of the text/email in question. If you want to reply later, you can swipe the notification away.
As per your first request, I don't think there is anything that can do that. However, I never tried looking for an app for that, either.

mr.wizard

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
1. I've really only seen a feature like that using custom software (e.g. a custom ROM) on android. I guess personally, I wouldn't want my screen coming on for every text or email. Notifications for those via light on bottom of screen is enough for me.

2. Easy. Press power button to turn on screen. Drag down notification bar. Profit.

Hope that helps

Posted via Android Central App

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

Cheers
Chris

Have you tried Dynamic Notifications yet? It's a great app and will wake the screen up for each notification.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...greatbytes.activenotifications&token=St893H_y

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Dynamic Notifications is good if you want something to appear on the screen (keep in mind this will use more battery). Otherwise you can tell if you have a missed call/text/email/etc by the flashing led at the bottom center of the phone. As for being able to tell if you missed something from the lock screen, just look for the icons in the status bar (top left).

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Dashclock Widget. I hear good things. I hear good things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci