How to turn on Google Now Gmail Cards in Kit Kat 4.4?

sambao21

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it turned off in Kit Kat for the time being?

Posted via Nexus 7 Android Central App

I found that I could get more options in the"everything else" category if I tap on the settings in each card and select it. However, that only works if a card shoes up. So until somehow I can get a gmail package to show up, I don't know how to get to those options.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I updated Google search and the gmailed shipped cards are back in Google Now. I got a shipped notice from Amazon and a bit later when checking Google Now, it was in there.

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hmm - I also have almost nothing in the 'Everything else' category under Customise. I have yes/no options for weather updates for home, work and current location. Also an option to select how I get around, currently set to 'Walk'. Nothing else, not even the Temperature units I see in the illustration above.

I know many others are seeing the same as me, and it appears to me that Google Now is a very hit or miss service. People are either seeing the excellent helpful service advertised, or they fall into the other category where a couple of things are working and no amount of coaxing can get any of the other 'cards' to appear. I'm in the UK btw - I've seen references elsewhere that suggest a non-US location could be a possible cause for the problems. If that does turn out to be the main reason for the problems, then the service is seriously stunted.

madmike6537

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am in the US and dont have the option to track packages either on 4.4, just updated on the Galaxy S4 today.

Checked Google Search and I am on the latest available version for my phone. Hopefully its re-enabled soon, or maybe just working in the background already.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay