Things I like about my Nexus 5

Cyberguycpt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Theres so many threads with people saying what's wrong and what they don't like about the Nexus 5 I wanted to do one about what I like about it.

1.Its fast, so fast
2. Free Mobile hotspot
3.can switch from LTE to 3G to 2G which is a plus when you have a weak LTE signal
4. Carrier unlocked can switch when I please
5. Soft touch back feels amazing
6. Phone stays pretty cool temp wise unless you are hardcore gaming
7. Its 3 freakin 49...

I don't understand people, do you really think the LG would build a phone exactly comparable to the G2. Who would buy the G2 then. Also do you think Google would screw over all of its OEMs by coming out with superior hardware for a cheaper price.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
It is super fast so far, tomorrow I plan on adding a line to my tmobile account 😊.

I also don't understand all the G2 comparisons, the only thing g2 about this nexus 5 are the inaccurate rumors floating around 4 months ago.

Note 3 <Caesars>

Cyberguycpt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It is super fast so far, tomorrow I plan on adding a line to my tmobile account 😊.

I also don't understand all the G2 comparisons, the only thing g2 about this nexus 5 are the inaccurate rumors floating around 4 months ago.

Note 3 <Caesars>

Yeah , Really what I also love is that I haven't had a home screen crash since getting yet... Lol I hate when the home screen apps disappear then have to repopulate.

ssrini12

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I love the fact that it is really fast no lag whatsoever, so far just loving it. Hope it stays that way

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I think that the hardware in the whole is just as good as anything out there. It I'd a beautiful day vice. I said that I wasn't going to get one because I had the Note 3. But I really like it. Been playing with it non stop since I've gotten it. Really learning KitKat now. There are a lot of differences from Jelly Bean. The only thing that I don't like is that some of my favorite apps aren't working with the newest version of Android. Other than that my, no worries.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Cyberguycpt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Plus for someone on prepaid like me that want a high end phone the Nexus 5 is the best choice. The whole part of being off contract is having the ability to change carriers when you like. With carrier branded phones you would have to sell the phone then buy one from the other carrier. PS the keyboard is great, no lag at all, the GS4 was a different story.

Kaenon11

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Love almost everything about it!
I had an issue with it charging last night, and had similar issues with my Nexus 4. The relating factor was the wireless charging orb, which I use to charge my N4/N5 every night.

After using the orb, my Nexus sometimes refuses to be charged when using a normal charger. It would start charging, then the screen would kick on and stop charging and it would go through this cycle 10-20 times before it settled down and would charge. The later didn't happen to the N5, it just didn't charge at all even though it showed the black lightning bolt through the battery icon.

After not charging last night, and refusing to charge earlier this morning, the battery has finally risen from 51% to 53%. So at least it is charging now.

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand people, do you really think the LG would build a phone exactly comparable to the G2. Who would buy the G2 then. Also do you think Google would screw over all of its OEMs by coming out with superior hardware for a cheaper price.

You make people pay $700-$800 for a phone, then they would stop whining. Only then they feel they bought the best phone ever. Giving them something affordable, they feel there must be something inferior about it.

Cyberguycpt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You make people pay $700-$800 for a phone, then they would stop whining. Only then they feel they bought the best phone ever. Giving them something affordable, they feel there must be something inferior about it.

You so right. Samsung, Apple, HTC etc... Build these phone for at $200 and charge $600-$800. I don't care how much they spend on parts and r&d there still making a boat load of money. Plus everyone wants there piece of the pie. Of course the OEM wants there cut but then the carrier and retailer's want there's. I hope one day we will be able to buy phones like the Gs4 direct from the manufacturer at a reduced price, maybe $100 to $150 less. I wouldn't mind buying a Note 3 for 575 to 600 but over $700 is just ridiculous.

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you guys switch to the ART compiler in developer options? Takes up to 10 mins to recreate the cache for that compiler, and then launching etc is EVEN faster! (I'm thinking as fast as iPhone with their completely precompiled code.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely love this phone! Well coming from a galaxy nexus, almost anything feels like an upgrade. The only problem I have with it, the DAMN headphone jack being on the top. I wish it was on the bottom, then for me, this would be a perfect phone

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz