LightFlow and Nexus 5

under999

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I am having trouble getting LightFlow to work correctly on my Nexus 5. Are there any settings that have to be checked for it to work correctly.

In the meantime, I am testing Dynamic Notifications but really want to use LightFlow.

Posted via Android Central App

skippyrulzzz

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
What problems are you having specifically? I have LF running perectly on my NX5. You do need to make sure it's turned on in the notifications settings menu, just like you have to do with Dynamic Notifications.

Templar

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I am experiencing issues too. I use it to turn the led on red solid when charging and green when charged. It only works for a second then goes back off. I also notice that it does not work as consistently as is does on my S4 GPE.

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
What problems are you having specifically? I have LF running perectly on my NX5. You do need to make sure it's turned on in the notifications settings menu, just like you have to do with Dynamic Notifications.

Yep - Was about to say the same thing as I also use both.

c0rbindallas

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I really would like to use lightflow also mainly just because I think the notification interval is way too slow. I got it to work for a few minutes but then the light wouldn't turn off even after I read the messages so I deleted until there's a fix. It seemed to be common for n5 users

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
What kind of battery life are you getting with both running?

Better than what I had with my Galaxy Nexus. Granted, I'm not on my phone much during the work day. I was on it for several hours last night after work and when I plugged the phone in it was at about 23%.

under999

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Better than what I had with my Galaxy Nexus. Granted, I'm not on my phone much during the work day. I was on it for several hours last night after work and when I plugged the phone in it was at about 23%.

Cool. I like having both going. Active notifications are the only thing I miss about the moto x

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, there were numerous problems with LightFlow on the Nexus 4 when it was first released. Like the N5, the N4 released with a brand new Android operating system version and there were many apps that didn't function correctly until they were updated over a period of months.

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing issues too. I use it to turn the led on red solid when charging and green when charged. It only works for a second then goes back off. I also notice that it does not work as consistently as is does on my S4 GPE.

There is a note on the Dev website talking about how he's working on getting the always on notification correct for N5.

Sent from my Nexus 5

andrewpmoore

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've just pushed out the update for many fixes for the nexus 5. I hadn't had chance to check the forums as I've been up until 2am every night since getting a nexus 5 on Friday making changes.

A solid led/always on led isn't quite possible with the nexus 5, but I've changed it to do as close as possible with what the led drivers allow.

Lisa Driscoll

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'm having trouble with after I get a message the light won't clear - you have to go in and close down the app to get it to turn off. I've never used LightFlow before as I'm coming from a Galaxy S2 that didn't have a notification light. Didn't know if I needed to use any special settings.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just uninstalled it today as I was having issues with email notifications essentially continually repeating even though no repeat settings were set.

I went through the help section and tried everything suggested but no go. Also, the test option never worked right.

I am running art mode though I don't know if that may be a cause and I am not rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Battleship

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes I'm having trouble with after I get a message the light won't clear - you have to go in and close down the app to get it to turn off. I've never used LightFlow before as I'm coming from a Galaxy S2 that didn't have a notification light. Didn't know if I needed to use any special settings.
There are several ways to dismiss the LED indicator. Open Light Flow, choose Notification at top right. Under Notification, pick one of your apps. Again under Notification, there is a section called "Clear notification style" with 4 options:

1. Screen: when screen is switched on
2. App: notifying app entered
3. Reminder: when snoozed or cleared
4. Unlocked: when phone unlocked

That's where you choose when the LED clears and you'll have to do it for every app you've added to Light Flow. For instance, I have all my notifications set for unlocked, so the LED stops blinking once I unlock my phone.

If you need more help, there is a discussion thread at XDA that has screenshots of the steps I've described above.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not using Light Flow. But I have replaced Hangout with Textra first that sets colors for notifications lights. I replaced Textra with 8SMS that I liked better and it seems to have changed the colors of what type of event I am getting from mail, facebook and SMS text.

One of the reasons I didn't install Light Flow was I think 8SMS or some native Nexus 5 software is already setting up the notification colors. Nothing is worst that having a lot of different Apps try to do the same thing at the same time.

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I am having trouble getting LightFlow to work correctly on my Nexus 5. Are there any settings that have to be checked for it to work correctly.

In the meantime, I am testing Dynamic Notifications but really want to use LightFlow.

Just curious why you would want to use lightflow on your Nexus 5? I haven't recieved my N5 yet so im wanting to know if the LED on the N5 isn't very customizable. I have used LF on my GS3 and I like it but imo it sucks too much battery so I don't use it for that reason.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just curious why you would want to use lightflow on your Nexus 5? I haven't recieved my N5 yet so im wanting to know if the LED on the N5 isn't very customizable. I have used LF on my GS3 and I like it but imo it sucks too much battery so I don't use it for that reason.
there is zero customization in stock Android. On top of that the default notification light is white color.

Lisa Driscoll

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Why shouldn't the LED clear when I've read the text message? The LED clears when I read an email. So I think this is a Lightflow issue working with the integrated hangouts and SMS ?