Has anyone else noticed this? My time is off by an hr using network provided time, and time zone. I found it weird when I was checking the time, and the tv said one thing, and my phone said another. I'm on Sprint, so maybe it is an issue with them
    11-07-2013 10:12 AM
    Presuming that you have both "Automatic date & time" and "Automatic time zone" checked, then it is more than likely an issue with the specific cell tower(s) you are connected to.

Try setting Airplane mode for a few seconds and then back to normal mode; this will cause you to drop connection to your nearby cell tower and then reconnect. If the time still does not update try contacting Sprint.
    11-07-2013 10:47 AM
    I ended up unchecking automatic time zone, and set it to the right one. It was weird, my time zone said atlantic -4:00 GMT. It is supposed to be Eastern time zone -5:00. I'll try that airplane mode thing though.
    11-07-2013 11:00 AM
    I am also having this same issue with my wife and I's Nexus 5's. Both of our phones tell use we are in the Atlantic Standard Time zone, but we live in the Eastern Standard Time zone.

- I have done factory resets on our phones.
    - Sprint has had us do the following on both phones:
    - From the Home screen, tap the Phone icon.
    - Tap the Phone Dialer icon.
    - On the phone dial pad, press *#*#72786#*#*.
    - Phone clears the previous internal programming information, then turns off and back on. (The phone reboots and performs Hands Free Activation.)
    - Power cycling (powering off/on) the phone only temporarily changes the phones back to Eastern Standard Time zone until you make a phone call. Then the phone switches back to Atlantic Standard Time zone.
    - I tried turning off WiFi and power cycling the phone. Same result, the phone has the correct time/time zone until the first phone call is placed.
    - I tried turning off WiFi, and cellular Internet and power cycling the phone. Same result, the phone has the correct time/time zone until the first phone call is placed.

I am on the phone with Sprint Tech Support and they are stumped at the moment. They have a ticket placed with Sprint's top tier Tech Support. In the mean time Sprint is sending me 2 new SIM cards as a possible "fix". Also I was on the phone with Google Tech support while on the phone with Sprint Tech support and they had me do basic troubleshooting over the phone which did not fix the issue the when I tried the first time when this issue arose. The Google Tech, Mike I spoke with told me that this is the first time he has heard of this issue.

After all of this troubleshooting I believe this a Sprint network problem but we will see if the new SIM cards fix the issue.

*Developing*
    11-10-2013 06:15 PM
    I am on the east coast on sprint and my time is correct.
    11-10-2013 06:56 PM
    Has anyone else noticed this? My time is off by an hr using network provided time, and time zone. I found it weird when I was checking the time, and the tv said one thing, and my phone said another. I'm on Sprint, so maybe it is an issue with them
    Looks like we are not the only ones with the issue and it's not our phones.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mob...sions%2F102523

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like we are not the only ones with the issue and it's not our phones.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F102523
    11-11-2013 09:39 AM
    I talked to Sprint today and the tech merely told me to turn off auto time zone and take it in to a Sprint repair store to run diagnostics on the phone.

Not very promising.
    11-26-2013 03:29 PM