Any way to sync Facebook contacts to People app?

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
On my old SGSII I had the option to sync contacts from Facebook and it did a pretty good job of matching names so my contacts would have their avatars from Facebook matched with their emails, phone numbers, etc.

This is my first Nexus and I guess the option just isn't there. But what's the best way to sync FB contacts? I see there are a few apps available but some are reviewed to be buggy.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Ciege

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I used UberSync Facebook Contact Sync. First time I've had to use something like this and it seemed to work fine.

Arun Antony

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
i cant believe the latest version of android does not have a way to sync fb contacts!? it is syncing with google and watsapp contacts, but not fb? :-/ :eek:

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I've always used sync.me even on my iPhone. It syncs pictures along with job titles, addresses etc. Very too looking app too!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

philippemorin123

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
It's not on my brand new Moto G either. Strangely enough, the menu stop at "Settings / Accounts / Facebook" :\

Off-topic*: I also have that problem with the stock Agenda App not being overwritten when I apply the latest update. I had to manually deactivate the app and I now hope everything will work nicely anyway...

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I used UberSync Facebook Contact Sync. First time I've had to use something like this and it seemed to work fine.
Ditto. Useful app.
On My nexus 5 this option is not there
It looks like it got removed from the new version of the app. I recall having it there (though facebook pictures never synched) and having to set options to only do it with folks I had in my phone already.

KidCuda

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Google said back in the Gingerbread days that Facebook wasn't following their rules for contact syncing and they took it out.

Posted via my Nexus 5 in the Android Central App

Julio Botelho

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
The problem appears to be on Facebook version 28. There are no sync options anymore.
Disable automatic update on Google Play and find and install Facebook 27 apk. There are an option to sync contacts. I solve using "com.facebook.katana-27.0.0.0.15-6590726-minAPI14.apk" that i found googling.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke