problems with migrating data from nexus 4 to nexus 5

bastianman

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

after reading an article by lifehacker (How to Upgrade to a New Android Phone and Take Everything with You), I downloaded rerware's mybackup pro, and backed up my call log, sms, mms and uploaded it as a zip file to my dropbox. Now on the nexus 5, when i click on the zip file it asks me if i want to install "custom widget locker" an app that I had on my nexus 4, but I don't understand why its on the zip file containing my sms and call history.

Also, after i exported the zip file to the rerware folder in the N5's internal memory, i tried to access it using mybackup pro, but it says that there is no file in the back up location. It says current backup location path: /storage/emulated/legacy.

I am really confused right now, and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
First of all, you need to get a copy of the MyBackup Pro beta; the released version can't correctly restore SMS/MMS to Android 4.4. See my comments in this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/330920-import-sms-mms-history-into-hangouts.html

As for the correct folder, you need to drop the backup file into /storage/emulated/legacy/rerware/MyBackup/AllAppsBackups (for app backups) or /storage/emulated/legacy/rerware/MyBackup/AllBackups (for data backups).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463