some help with small issue with hangouts and pictures....

Gravymark

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

got me a Nexus 5, switched from the iPhone 5 and loving most of it except a few quirks or maybe I just can't figure something out.

The big one i'd like help with is let's say someone sends me 4 pictures via SMS. The only one that I can enlarge and view full screen is the last one and that's it. If you click the first, second, or third one it opens it for a micro second then switches to the fourth/last photo received. It's aggravating because the only one I can then save is the final picture. If I long press on the any of the first three the only options I get are Forward, View Details, and delete. The view details button only gives me some info about the MMS I received. MMS is set to auto retrieve and it does this with it on or off. I have shut down/restarted the app multiple times and I have rebooted the phone. If I open the last picture, it does not allow me to swipe to the other pictures either. It seriously acts as if the last picture is the only one there, though clearly you can see all the pictures in the threaded view.

Any ideas?

Gravymark

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok, after some testing I found out what it is doing, but I still don't have a solution.

If someone sends me a text of pictures that include 2 pictures, and then another text with just 1 picture, I can only view the one with 1 picture. What I mean is this....someone sends me a mms with 3 attached pictures to one text, then hits send. Then sends me another text with just 1 picture. It seems I can only view pictures that are sent 1 at a time, and not clumped in a single text. Seems really strange that you can't save them or view them one by one, but can only see them in the threaded file.

Anyone have a solution?

Correen M

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue too. Any advice? Does the Hangouts development team know about this? Any other work around? I tried forwarding the pictures to my email to see if I can save the image but it won't give a save option through my gmail app so that's a no go. I'll try via desktop version on my web browser. Brb...

Correen M

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Handouts team is aware of the issue and looking into a fix.

Ahhh okay. Until then I just went ahead and forward the slideshow pics to my Google voice number in turn gets sent to my gmail via MMS and was able to save all images that way. Sucks, but it'll do for now :)

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hangouts does act retarded with multiple image MMS attachments. I've actually opened those messages and saved successfully via Sliding Messaging Pro. After receiving a message with multiple images attached in Hangouts if I tap an image from the new message Hangouts opens the image from a previous message entirely!

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh okay. Until then I just went ahead and forward the slideshow pics to my Google voice number in turn gets sent to my gmail via MMS and was able to save all images that way. Sucks, but it'll do for now :)

You must be on Sprint, as that's the only carrier I'm aware of that supports MMS with Google Voice.