Wirefly Nexus 5 listed specs incorrect?

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a 32gb white Nexus 5 from Wirefly for $119. I specifically asked the rep if, It was 32gb multiple times and he said yes. Then prompted me to the online listing which indeed says 32gb.....
But now looking through the other specs (which I already know), its listed to have expandable storage, a 1.5ghz processor, a 5" wvga display.....

I know all this is incorrect!
Now, I'm very worried it's NOT 32GB!! FML.

What do you guys think???

Posted via Android Central App

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wirefly Nexus 5 listed specs incorrect??!!!

You should be more worried if it is even a Nexus 5. No nexus devices have expandable storage.

Edit: Not sure where you are seeing that. I only see 2 listings: Wirefly Search

Edit: Now I see it and that is incorrect. 32GB is all you get.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Well here's there full description. I would venture to say that it is a Nexus 5 as most details are correct and some are not. I mean we see this kind of stuff on the manufacturer's site themselves and carrier pages. But at the end of the day, if they send you the wrong one, send it back. Here's the one thing I would be concerned about.... you had to order 1 for Sprint right? On Sprint's own site they don't appear to even have a 32GB option. In their description they have a 16GB ROM and when adding to cart there's no option to select capacity. Am I missing something? Are you actually able to order a 32GB version for Sprint not from the play store? Again, am I missing something?

From Sprint's site:

Specs
Operating system
Android 4.4
Battery information
2300 mAh Embedded Li-Pol
Talk time
Up to 13 hours
Dimensions
5.43" x 2.72" x 0.34"
Display
5" Full HD IPS
Weight
4.6 oz
Processor
2.2 GHz Quad-core processor
Memory

2GB RAM/16GB ROM

Bluetooth profiles
A2DP, AVRCP, GAVDP, PBAP, HSP, HID, GOEP, SDAP/SDP, OPP, SPP, PAN, Stereo Streaming

What's in the box
2300 mAh Embedded Li-Pol
Micro USB

Last edited:

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

You should be more worried if it is even a Nexus 5. No nexus devices have expandable storage.

Edit: Not sure where you are seeing that. I only see 2 listings: Wirefly Search

Edit: Now I see it and that is incorrect. 32GB is all you get.

Yes 32gb is all that's listed. When I placed my order, the rep said the 16gb model was out of stock.

What concerned me is that I'm getting the 32gb model for $119 on contract, which its the same price (I believe) as the 16gb.

So that made me skeptical :-/ then I saw all the other 'typo' listings; 5" wvga display, 1.5ghz processor, expandable storage.

Well, updated story, I just called back acting like if I was going to buy it and explained these concerns. The rep then told me that it is a Quad core snapdragon 800 2.2ghz, full 1080p, non expandable storage (So that's a relief). She went on by saying though, that it IS 32gb.

Anyways, 14 days satisfaction guaranteed full refund.

Any chance Wirefly sells fake phones??

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Well here's there full description. I would venture to say that it is a Nexus 5 as most details are correct and some are not. I mean we see this kind of stuff on the manufacturer's site themselves and carrier pages. But at the end of the day, if they send you the wrong one, send it back. Here's the one thing I would be concerned about.... you had to order 1 for Sprint right? On Sprint's own site they don't appear to even have a 32GB option. In their description they have a 16GB ROM and when adding to cart there's no option to select capacity. Am I missing something? Are you actually able to order a 32GB version for Sprint not from the play store? Again, am I missing something?

From Sprint's site:

Specs
Operating system
Android 4.4
Battery information
2300 mAh Embedded Li-Pol
Talk time
Up to 13 hours
Dimensions
5.43" x 2.72" x 0.34"
Display
5" Full HD IPS
Weight
4.6 oz
Processor
2.2 GHz Quad-core processor
Memory

2GB RAM/16GB ROM

Bluetooth profiles
A2DP, AVRCP, GAVDP, PBAP, HSP, HID, GOEP, SDAP/SDP, OPP, SPP, PAN, Stereo Streaming

What's in the box
2300 mAh Embedded Li-Pol
Micro USB

Apparently Wirefly offers 32gb version on contract, not directly from the Sprint store. Neither best buy offers 32gb either. Only Google play and now Wirefly.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Yes 32gb is all that's listed. When I placed my order, the rep said the 16gb model was out of stock.

What concerned me is that I'm getting the 32gb model for $119 on contract, which its the same price (I believe) as the 16gb.

So that made me skeptical :-/ then I saw all the other 'typo' listings; 5" wvga display, 1.5ghz processor, expandable storage.

Well, updated story, I just called back acting like if I was going to buy it and explained these concerns. The rep then told me that it is a Quad core snapdragon 800 2.2ghz, full 1080p, non expandable storage (So that's a relief). She went on by saying though, that it IS 32gb.

Anyways, 14 days satisfaction guaranteed full refund.

Any chance Wirefly sells fake phones??

Bump
?

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've ordered on Wirefly with no problems. I'd be surprised if they send a 32gb since neither Sprint or BB is selling the 32gb for Sprint, but can't hurt to try.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've ordered on Wirefly with no problems. I'd be surprised if they send a 32gb since neither Sprint or BB is selling the 32gb for Sprint, but can't hurt to try.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah I've had no problems with them either but I'm not you about the 32GB. Surprised anyone is selling a 32GB for Sprint other than the play store.

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi ttwiitch - sorry if there were any misunderstandings during the sales transaction, but we'd be glad to review that and take a look at the specifics of the phone you got. Would you mind emailing us your order number to OnlineSupport@Wirefly.com? If you give us a contact number, we'll reach out to you at a time that works best for you. If you're not satisfied with the phone for any reason, we certainly want to make that right for you - we're happy to exchange the device or work out whatever we need to. Thanks for your interest in Wirefly! Kim

VagabondSteve

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi ttwiitch - sorry if there were any misunderstandings during the sales transaction, but we'd be glad to review that and take a look at the specifics of the phone you got. Would you mind emailing us your order number to OnlineSupport@Wirefly.com? If you give us a contact number, we'll reach out to you at a time that works best for you. If you're not satisfied with the phone for any reason, we certainly want to make that right for you - we're happy to exchange the device or work out whatever we need to. Thanks for your interest in Wirefly! Kim

NICE! +1 for paying attention to the posts AND for your statement of support!

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Thanks!
Well my phone is due to arrive tomorrow so if I have ANY problems, I'll for sure get back to you...
Thank you :)

Shadow_89

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
They are shipping 16 GB versions.
This seems like a bait and switch / false advertising, given that the description now states that it is indeed the 16 GB version.

What a waste of my time. Horrible service Wirefly.
Ill make sure not to ever recommend you.

Chuckl

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a 32gig Nexus 5 from Wirefly, they have changed the spec on their page now to read 16gig. Oh course I received a 16gig model. Spoke with a manager about a return and to make sure I was sent a 32gig back, not 16gig. Everything seemed like it was going to be ok, then today I get an email stating the phone I shipped back is not the one they sent me???? Another phone call to a manger, now I have to wait 24 hours for them to verify the phone I sent back was the actually one they shipped me. If I get a 32gig model after all thus I will be extremely surprised. I used Wirefly in the past several time with great success, this will definitely be my last time dealing with them.

Shadow_89

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a 32gig Nexus 5 from Wirefly, they have changed the spec on their page now to read 16gig. Oh course I received a 16gig model. Spoke with a manager about a return and to make sure I was sent a 32gig back, not 16gig. Everything seemed like it was going to be ok, then today I get an email stating the phone I shipped back is not the one they sent me???? Another phone call to a manger, now I have to wait 24 hours for them to verify the phone I sent back was the actually one they shipped me. If I get a 32gig model after all thus I will be extremely surprised. I used Wirefly in the past several time with great success, this will definitely be my last time dealing with them.

I just got off the phone with them.
They will simply tell you to send it back and a "We're sorry". Kinda worthless when you waited for the phone just to have this happen. Its back ordered at the Play Store, so here comes more waiting.
I wish they had offered me a 32 GB even if they lost money, just to satisfy me as a customer. They of course would not do this, because they only try to fix the issue with what they have in stock. I will definitely write a bad review in Better Business Bureau.

My family and friends always come to me for their tech purchases, I will definitely not be recommending Wirefly to anyone.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was alittle skeptical given that the only place that seems to have a 32GB is the play store and not Sprint or Best Buy. Wirefly for the most part has been decent in my experience. Good luck guys.

lalakersfan88

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
i just got my phone from wirefly....when i opened up the box, i didn't find a sim card tool to open up the sim card tray. was wondering if wirefly took it out and already stuck a sim card in.