Google Nexus 5 - Missed Calls, Anyone Else?

JABacchetta

May 12, 2012
Visit site
It looks like ever since using the Nexus 5 I've been getting a bunch of missed calls without any sort of notice (i.e. no ringing, and no history of the call). The only way I find out is by getting a voicemail notification shortly after.

Anyone else having this issue? And if not, anyone have any idea what could possibly be causing this? I've never had this problem before, at least not to my knowledge.

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Missed Calls, Anyone Else?

Just happened to me. I even made a few test calls to the phone and it just rang an rang. Phone had 3 bars of signal. I reset the phone and phone rang as it should. Definitely a bug. My phone is still stock (no root or any apps installed from the market).

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
No problems here. Has anyone with the problem tried a reboot as suggested above to fix the problem?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Gravymark

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I get the same problem. I get a missed call notification then a voicemail. I'm on att and have never had an issue. I've noticed that this happens in various locations so its not just one spot.

Gravymark

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I tried multiple reboots and even restored the phone at the store and tried it. Of course it didn't fail at the store but the next day it happened again twice.

No problems here. Has anyone with the problem tried a reboot as suggested above to fix the problem?

Ciege

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. On Sprint also.
I've disabled LTE on the N5 yesterday and all calls have come through today as expected (every test I've done plus random other calls). I still have not seen a VM indicator yet though.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
It looks like ever since using the Nexus 5 I've been getting a bunch of missed calls without any sort of notice (i.e. no ringing, and no history of the call). The only way I find out is by getting a voicemail notification shortly after.

Anyone else having this issue? And if not, anyone have any idea what could possibly be causing this? I've never had this problem before, at least not to my knowledge.

I'm on at&t. Yesterday I was out and couldn't make a call. I had to reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Ciege

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. On Sprint also.
I've disabled LTE on the N5 yesterday and all calls have come through today as expected (every test I've done plus random other calls). I still have not seen a VM indicator yet though.

Day 2 of having LTE disabled and I am still getting phone calls coming through.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just had this happen again. I filmed it and will upload it to youtube shortly. One thing I noticed that's odd is that when this occurs you can make calls just fine, but when someone calls you the phone doesn't realize a call is coming in (no ring, no missed call notification). Reboot the phone and calls come through just fine. Definitely a bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p6VwGUQqIs

Last edited:

JABacchetta

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Should we assume this will be fixed with a near-future software update?

I'm not sure if I'm still having the same problem because there's really no way to find out unless I get a voicemail.

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm on At&t in Detroit and having the same issue with missed calls or a call coming in and the phone not ringing with the volume all the way up.

Voltan89

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Same issue, T-Mobile for me. Went into T-Mobile, they gave me a new sim, worked good for an hour, then I turned WiFi on, had my sister call me and nothing came through, but then I was able to place a call. This is also affecting hangouts for me as well, In the morning when I wake up I'll see all my email, but no calls or messages, so i reboot and then all of a sudden I'll get like 10 sms from hangouts. I'm assuming it's a bug and not the service, right? I just switched to T-Mobile so I want to be sure.

Jeparisoe

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Sprint, and I am also having this issue on and off. It is weird, I get calls and then miss some. Most of the missed calls are from my girlfriend who is with AT&T, but she is also the one who calls me the most, so that could be why. I don't realize I've missed any calls until she texts me and said she called, then I look at my Google voice and it shows I missed them. Not one ring, and not a notification in the phone app.