Nexus 5 SMS problems?

KaSomore

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Seems like my Nexus 5 won't send SMS messages, at random times, for no apparent reason. My friend has the same phone, but is experiencing similar problems.

I'm sending messages to friends, getting responses, then boom, the "sending" bounces, but refuses to send the SMS. It then gives me a message saying that it failed, and is retrying. Still won't send, until kt decides to randomly send the SMS at some point.

I am on the Fido (Canadian) network. Anyone having similar issues? I tried through Hangouts and through a 3rd party app, and still same problem...

Posted via Android Central App

Miketdn

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Seems like my Nexus 5 won't send SMS messages, at random times, for no apparent reason. My friend has the same phone, but is experiencing similar problems.

I'm sending messages to friends, getting responses, then boom, the "sending" bounces, but refuses to send the SMS. It then gives me a message saying that it failed, and is retrying. Still won't send, until kt decides to randomly send the SMS at some point.

I am on the Fido (Canadian) network. Anyone having similar issues? I tried through Hangouts and through a 3rd party app, and still same problem...

I'm getting the same problem too (also on Fido). I found that if you don't use LTE the msgs go through, but I wouldn't call that a solution. If you find a better solution, please let me know

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue. My nexus is on sprint in the us. Initially had mobile networks set to LTE. Changed mobile networks to global and hasn't happened again so far.

bbgolf

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the same problem too (also on Fido). I found that if you don't use LTE the msgs go through, but I wouldn't call that a solution. If you find a better solution, please let me know

Same issue last night and then today - in the middle of a conversation it decides not to send anymore, then I tried to make a phone call and it said mobile network not available. Checked Network Mode and neither of the 3 choices were selected. Chose LTE and the messages sent and I could make phone calls again too. I had been on 3G for a couple days trying to see if it would be better for the battery.

Edit - also on Fido.

domo22

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone figure out how to click on a number while on the internet and send a text? I can click on the number and bring me to the dialor with the number but no options to text instead of calling.

sephiroth_darko

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues in which it won't allow you to go past the 160 character limit? For me, it won't continue the message. I would have to resume the message after sending the first text. On Sprint btw.

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone figure out how to click on a number while on the internet and send a text? I can click on the number and bring me to the dialor with the number but no options to text instead of calling.

I could do that in Sense with my EVO 4G back in the day. I think that "patented" feature was one that Jobs made Schmidt, Page, and Rubin remove from Android or face the legal wrath of Apple. This is a fascinating read btw ---> Dogfight: How Apple and Google Went to War and Started a Revolution

bigjoe7757

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Google Hangouts is driving me crazy!!!, i don't want Google+ to suggest who i hangout with(stop giving me people i don't know), its difficult to find the person I wanna text and if I'm not careful I might be sending it as a hangout and the person may not be a member and never get the text, the 160 count Sprint sms bug is crazy stupid and finally the picture mail problem with them reverting back to the 1st pic sent is unusable. I'm normally not one to complain but in its current form hangout sms is unusable.

JWils3

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem in England on the o2 network

scott_8

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Me too.. In england on o2 with Nexus 5.... 02 said they've had a few issues today so might be that?? Or I'm from iPhone & I've had macbook open today & received iMessage, so that could be the issue??

Bipinmirani

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 SMS problems? MANY TIMES SMS ARE NOT GOING THROUGH

Dear Sirs,

I am having a Nexus 5 mobile but many times the SMS are not going through.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance