Did you switch on HDR+ Camera Mode as default?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Did you switch on HDR+ Camera Mode as default? are you leaving it on or keeping it on standard? are there any advantages/disadvantages of either (ie Battery, File Size, etc)?

i did a search and the best thing i could find so far is this -

What is HDR and When Should I Use It In My Photos?

i'm not much of a photographer but i want to take the best pictures i can when i do take them.

thanks!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Did you switch on HDR+ Camera Mode as default? are you leaving it on or keeping it on standard? are there any advantages/disadvantages of either (ie Battery, File Size, etc)?

i'm not much of a photographer but i want to take the best pictures i can when i do take them.

thanks!

From the samples I have seen, HDR+ is really only appropriate when the subject matter is static with no moving objects (trees blowing in the breeze, people, vehicles, etc.). HDR+ final images are composed of multiple individual shots and the algorithm is incapable of doing this without blurring the moving objects.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site

thanks!

I am leaving it in Normal mode. HDR+ is always slower, and it not always better, especially in shots that are already evenly lit. To me it is a tool to squeeze out better quality in certain situations.

HDR+ color seems to be warmer by default, and you may not always want this.