Nexus 5 Bluetooth streaming, audio to go deaf for

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Which music player are all of you guys using?

Do you have the same issue with another sound source - for example, a YouTube video?

Can you try another music player - perhaps the free version of PowerAmp - and see if you have the same results?

compfixer87

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the issue seems to be specifically tied to stereo Bluetooth headsets for some reason. My Jambox, Voyager and in car Bluetooth all work just fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Matt74uk

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Add me to this list too. I've got a Sony Ericson MW600 which worked fine with the Nexus 4. I have to use the physical volume buttons to change the volume, the on screen one always jumps to the maximum setting regards of where you click on the bar.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Two interesting comments in this thread Google Groups

After working with tech support and factory resetting my phone the problem was still present. It turns out the problem was actually caused by Pandora. I didn't figure it out the first time because Pandora was running in the background but not playing music when I tested my headphones with youTube. Pandora is overriding the volume controls even when running in the background. To stop the problem just don't use Pandora until Pandora is compatible with 4.4.

and

You can factory reset the MW600 by holding down the volume button until it goes into pairing mode. Once in pairing mode press the call and power button simultaneously until it resets.
It turns out I'm an *****! I've reset the mw600 and it works just fine with the nexus 5 now. Volume Control works from both devices.

Just wondering if either of these quotes helps anyone here.

compfixer87

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, thanks for bringing that up.

The volume issue exists on my Nexus 7, which has never had Pandora installed on it since I did a full fastboot wipe of it, so no help there.

I don't own that headset, so it's hard to say if that would fix my issue. Wonder if there is a way to reset the Tone+

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

zhingket

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Been searching about this and at first I though it's my headset that is acting crazy, bought Backbeat Go 2 and same problem, some says it's the Pandora app but I can't just go thru the day without it so I turn to volume control apps, tried equalizer but doesn't work for me, and some free apps, I bump into fine volume control trial and I am liking it, it overrides the volume whatever the phone is doing and you can fine tune the volume not like limit to level 1 to 15. I don't also think it's the Pandora app because sometimes you tube does it too and rdio.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=opotech.finevolumev2&hl=en&token=5DCQ6jVr

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't even have Pandora on my phone, I don't think that is the issue. If my headset is connected and I try to adjust volume in settings the bluetooth headset adjusts with it and there only 3 levels, two low levels (they do not sound low) and then it immediately jumps to max.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a cheap Evere T909S Cell Phone bluetooth Headsets for $14 that I got off Ebay and shipped from China. Sure it gets very loud at full volume on the Nexus 5 but I can lower the volume down to almost silent with the phone's volume control. Sounds great to me at the N5's volume at 50%. I don't have Pandora or any other streaming music Apps.

bunnylebowsk1

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
ditto for me too. just updated and can't control the volume on my ihome Bluetooth speaker anymore. total bummer, brought it down to mexico to use while I am here for work for a month and don't have amy other way to play music. going to try to download an equalizer app to try to control it at all as it is unusable on the one volume setting (painfully loud). just switched from apple, not loving this so far.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It has absolutely nothing to do with Pandora. I have never used--even installed--Pandora in my entire life lol.

I think what we need to highlight here is the fact that when you put your finger on the volume slider to slide the volume up or down--even if you do it super slowly and carefully and then let your finger go--the volume slider slides COMPLETELY to the highest level volume, regardless of where you just slid it to. I believe information like this, when in the right hands, (such as a coder's/developer's hands, or Google's hands, or LG's hands), could help them track down the issue.

Edited to add: Of course, I mean doing this while the headset (in my case and most others' cases, LG Tone+) is connected to the device through Bluetooth.

JRDEMASKUS

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I am using Nexus 5 with Sony MW1 Smart Bluetooth Stereo Headset.
Normal playback through default music player volume is fine.

But when I get a notification, the N5 Bluetooth volume jumps to full, and blasts out my ears. I have to use the N5 volume button to reduce it again. I keep the MW1 volume low to conserve battery. But the N5 volume gets very loud.

Andr3i

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I think it is all related to BT volume control changes introduced in KK kitkat bluetooth volume control - Android Police
I have this problem with Nexus 7 (2012) 4.4 and LG Tone+.
But at the same time my older Nokia BH-503 works fine. But vol.control on Nokia BH-503 still work separated from Nexus. When I change volume on Nokia headset, Nexus does not show Bluetooth volume popup.

Michael Suzuki

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I think you are correct. I have the same problem with Nexus 4 and LG Tone+ when I upgraded to Android 4.4. But it worked fine with 4.3.
I took the suggestion of adding an Equalizer which worked for me

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I am having problems hearing my bluetooth when I want to make an outgoing call I can't. Hear the commands and Bluetooth doesn't hear me have the Bluetooth turned right up can anyone help me please didn't have this issue with my old phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci