How to have multiple SIM cards?

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have both a Moto X and Nexus 5 with AT&T.

They use different SIM cards (Nexus 5 is bigger). Can I go to an AT&T store and get a second card, or will they then automatically disable the card in the Moto X?

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Getting another SIM card will automatically disable your current SIM card, you can only have one at a time per line.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

They use different SIM cards (Nexus 5 is bigger). Can I go to an AT&T store and get a second card, or will they then automatically disable the card in the Moto X?

Need to get an adapter to use the nano SIM in the N5 . I ordered one called Noosy from amazon for a few bucks and it works perfect.

Last edited:

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Be very careful using adapters. Read this post I made.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=320772

Someone on the Android Central staff suggested this German made adapter. Hands down the best adapter I have ever seen. Its like 8 bucks for one delivered. I would get a 5 pack for like 18$. The sim card snaps in place so you dont risk it dislodging and getting stuck in the phone.

I switch a nano sim card between my one, x & n5 all the time with it. Totally safe. Activate the nano sim and get the adapter. Dont get a cheap adapter stuck in the phone. Use a reliable well made adapter. Most dont snap into place. Just look at how well the adapter is made. Works great.

Order one! They ship quick. Go check that thread.

Also not sure on the nosey adapters but these are just made very well. Worth checking out. Phil suggested and uses them, and we all know how often he must be switching devices and Sims, so they obviously hold up.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Be very careful using adapters. Read this post I made.

German made Nano-to-Micro SIM Adapter - Works GREAT - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Someone on the Android Central staff suggested this German made adapter. Hands down the best adapter I have ever seen. Its like 8 bucks for one delivered. I would get a 5 pack for like 18$. The sim card snaps in place so you dont risk it dislodging and getting stuck in the phone.

I switch a nano sim card between my one, x & n5 all the time with it. Totally safe. Activate the nano sim and get the adapter. Dont get a cheap adapter stuck in the phone. Use a reliable well made adapter. Most dont snap into place. Just look at how well the adapter is made. Works great.

Order one! They ship quick. Go check that thread.

Also not sure on the nosey adapters but these are just made very well. Worth checking out. Phil suggested and uses them, and we all know how often he must be switching devices and Sims, so they obviously hold up.

I ordered this one from Germany and it never arrived. Paypal is dealing with them now. The Noosy is a great quality adapter. I use it in my S4 and Nexus 5.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I ordered this one from Germany and it never arrived. Paypal is dealing with them now. The Noosy is a great quality adapter. I use it in my S4 and Nexus 5.

Wow. Surprised it did not show. I ordered a single, came within a week. Then ordered a 5 pack. Must have been a fluke or customs issue who knows. Phil suggested them so I am sure it Is a legit distributor. Thats a bummer. Do the noosy ones snap into place ?

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
My sim tray eject mechanism seems very flimsy. It takes a lot of effort before it budges. My eject tool is already bent a little. The iPhone eject tool is too fat.
Yes I swap between iPhone5, nexus 5 and galaxy note 2, but this has put a damper on my daily swaps. Now I just nexus 5 as a hotspot.
Btw I also use noosy adapter daily without any problems before I bought my nexus 5.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Surprised it did not show. I ordered a single, came within a week. Then ordered a 5 pack. Must have been a fluke or customs issue who knows. Phil suggested them so I am sure it Is a legit distributor. Thats a bummer. Do the noosy ones snap into place ?

I have ordered another because I agree that the design is excellent. It was over a month since I ordered. I usually sweat USPS orders since we get other people mail all the time so I can only assume others get our mail...
The noosy does not snap into place but it is pretty snug in the adapter. When using in a SIM tray, the tray keep pressure on the SIM and keeps it in place.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I also ordered from that German company (had no idea Phil suggested nor used their products) and the sim card adapter did not arrive as scheduled.

The company was shockingly responsive and after explaining that I needed the adapter ASAP as I was going to be traveling in Switzerland, the company suggested sending the SIM adapter to my hotel in Switzerland, so it would be there waiting for me when I arrived.

I said yeah right they are just stalling, but two days later as I was arriving at my home airport to commence my trip, I get an email from the hotel that they received a package for me and it will be available for me upon my arrival.

Dan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance