Flashlight

RandomSynapse

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
On my Nexus 5, running stock 4.4.2 (build KOT49H, the latest), the flashlight toggle in Power Toggles seems to mess up the phone. The camera is inaccessible after the toggle is used once, and a phone reboot doesn't fix it. The mm-qcamera-daemon process seems to be locked, and consuming insane amounts of CPU and battery. I had to completely uninstall the app to get my camera back.

AVOID Power Toggles until they fix this!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I have Power Toggles on my N5 running 4.4.2, and I don't have that problem, so it may not necessarily be a direct problem with Power Toggles. Maybe it's conflicting with some other app you've installed? Do you have any other apps that can access the camera or the flash, like a 3rd party camera app? I think the only apps I have that can also access the camera are banking apps like B of A.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
power toggles sounds good but it requires so much info. might just go with nexus torch. its like a widget sort of.

It requires so many permissions because it's so versatile, with dozens of possible toggles. If you just need a flashlight widget, I agree, just get a dedicated flashlight widget. But Power Toggles offers a ton of functionality, so it's still worth a look!

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
On my Nexus 5, running stock 4.4.2 (build KOT49H, the latest), the flashlight toggle in Power Toggles seems to mess up the phone. The camera is inaccessible after the toggle is used once, and a phone reboot doesn't fix it. The mm-qcamera-daemon process seems to be locked, and consuming insane amounts of CPU and battery. I had to completely uninstall the app to get my camera back.

AVOID Power Toggles until they fix this!

I use Notification Toggle on my Nexus 5, it's quite similar to Power Toggles in terms of functionality, maybe you want to give that a try instead.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

ajpri

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I'd say +1 to power toggles. It can do a lot more than just a flashlight. STAY AWAY from brightest flashlight free. There was a little bit of "drama" with the permissions and location sharing.

Posted via Android Central App on my Nexus 5 (4.4.2)

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I use Dashlight. It's an extension for Dashclock and I love it. It doesn't take up any extra space on my home screen, since the icon is with the dashclock widget, it looks great, and it works. And if you don't have a password from your lockscreen, it allows you to toggle the flashlight from the lockscreen.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I use Dashlight. It's an extension for Dashclock and I love it. It doesn't take up any extra space on my home screen, since the icon is with the dashclock widget, it looks great, and it works. And if you don't have a password from your lockscreen, it allows you to toggle the flashlight from the lockscreen.

Good to know, thanks for the recommended App.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac