Google Nexus 5 - What email app are you using on Nexus 5 Kitkat?

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
So I'm slowly getting there, getting my whole life moved over from my iPhone 4 to the android and sure there are snags here and there (like missing voicemail notifications until power cycle).

The latest snag is the stock email client. It seems kinda... meh... In fact it seems to be having an extremely hard time downloading image attachments from iphones? or maybe attachments in general?

What email apps are you guys using for multiple POP3 accounts?

bigmike09890

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what service are you using? Because depending on the service they may have a proprietary app. And most services offer at least imap if not exchange.

But to answer your question, I use Gmail. I have all my other accounts forward there and I have it set up to send from Gmail as those addresses.

Posted via Android Central App

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what service are you using? Because depending on the service they may have a proprietary app. And most services offer at least imap if not exchange.

But to answer your question, I use Gmail. I have all my other accounts forward there and I have it set up to send from Gmail as those addresses.

I'm using Virgin Mobile in Canada.

I don't think I really know what EXCHANGE is all about but I have several websites that are my own sites/hosting accounts that come with pop3 mail server access and I use those. From what I've been reading the stock Kit Kat app may have a few bugs in it here and there that they are looking in to.

haribofan

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Maildroid is my favourite , working seamlessly on nexus 7 and nexus 5 . I was using mailbox on the iPhone and boomerang is the nearest to that on Android but prefer Maildroid for ease of use . I only use the free version as the tiny adverts at the bottom never see to get in the way .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Maildroid is my favourite , working seamlessly on nexus 7 and nexus 5 . I was using mailbox on the iPhone and boomerang is the nearest to that on Android but prefer Maildroid for ease of use . I only use the free version as the tiny adverts at the bottom never see to get in the way .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Adverts are a big no no for me LOL.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I use gmail for my personal account and the stock email app for my work exchange account. No real complaints with with here

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
When i went into google image search it wouldn't alow me to click on a picture to make it bigger. Anyone else having this problem?

Also when i put the phone in vibrate mode and i receive a text message it does not vibrate. I have to go into the message settings manualy and enable and disable the vibrate function every time i want to put it into vibrate mode. Is there a way around this?

I've used AquaMail for a long time and really like it.

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use exchange for my outlook.com account. Exchange is a way to sync and I find it to be the best for contacts, calendar and email. Exchange is a sync technology owned by Microsoft. Nearly all companies use it for email

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have to say that I an much happier with the stock email client in android 4.4 than I was with the nexus 4. The combined inbox used to suck since it didn't always work and you couldn't zoom out in html emails to see the whole email on one screen. Now that works!

Still wish you didn't have to enable seeing the graphics by sender. There should just be a seeing to do it for ask emails.

Anyways, I an happy with the improvements. Still not as good as email on my BlackBerry (since they still have more features) but better than before. If aquamail supported exchange active sync I would use that but it doesn't.

And I don't use gmail and all my addresses (4 of them) are through Hotmail.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
What email apps are you guys using for multiple POP3 accounts?

Same as my four previous Android devices. K-9 Mail

Still waiting for my Nexus 5 but K-9 mail worked great on N4...I'm hoping it is compatible with 4.4.

The latest K-9 release, 4.8, was made specifically for KitKat and,for now, is only available on devices running 4.4. It works fine as far as I can tell.

RockyMehta

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
If your using live hotmail or outlook.com or a custom domain hosted by them try the free no adds version of outlook for android app by Microsoft. It will also sync your contacts and calander to the stock apps.

Nice app and provides true push capability.

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Actually I went back to the stock email app once I figured out its bugs.

For me it doesn't update when I read an email sometimes. I have to READ the email, then exit out to the ACCOUNT SELECTION screen then come back into that specific account and THEN it shows it as read. Probably just a small update/refresh bug.

anon(2255)

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Well as I said I have multiple accounts and would love to be able to answer as SOnSO@whatever.com in one email and MEnME@whatever.org in another email rather than forward everything to GMail and then respond from the GMail account.

You can set up GMail to do just that. I have my personal & professional gmail addresses, along with my Live.com and Yahoo mail being sorted into gmail, and I can respond with any of them.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to try some of these. I'm using K-9 right now because of problems with the stock app. K-9 was the only 3rd party email app I think I'd ever used. The stock email app was deleting all the emails from the server despite having it set to never do so. I'm using kitkat on N7 and N5. I had to disable app on both. I even uninstalled then re-installed to test it out. As soon as I re-installed the app and it ran sync, I lost the email on the server. I guess no one else is having this issue as I only read about Exchange server issues. I really liked the improvements in the stock app but can't live with that bug.