Tri band support: Are all bands activated out the box ?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
sprint has to activate it in your area for you to be able to use it, like LTE

http://newsroom.sprint.com/presskits/sprint-spark.htm

Posted via Android Central App

Just curious because I'm not a sprint customer but what makes this different than any other sprint phone? If a person buys any phone that's not currently on their account don't they need sprint to put it on their line? I'm just wondering how it works because it appears the nexus 5 is no different than if a person bought a phone off eBay and then needed to get sprint to activate but people are asking a lot of things as if it's different. Really just wondering. Thanks.

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
all nexus 5's are the same in the US. they all support the same bands and have sprint spark capabilities.

There is no difference in the phone if you buy it from sprint or eBay.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
all nexus 5's are the same in the US. they all support the same bands and have sprint spark capabilities.

There is no difference in the phone if you buy it from sprint or eBay.

No I know that but I'm talking about as far as activating and stuff. In other words people should just treat it like any other sprint phone, right?

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
yes, you shouldn't have problems with activating it and stuff no matter where you brought the phone from.

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
But people on Xda are reporting that two of the bands are not activated. They state that the nexus 5 officially will get spark capabilities early 2014 unlike the g2 or s4 mini or mega etc. the code needed is the MSL code that can be manually entered using a catlog app. Anyone here more familiar with this than I? Thanks!

chopper221

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
*#*#data#*#* click on LTE \edit\ enter msl number \enable bands 26 and 41. In some areas band 41 is working even though the city does not have LTE officially. I'm in St Louis and I get band 25 all over, and band 41 off of a couple towers. You check your LTE engineering screen to see what band you are on.