Do you regret getting a White N5?

Do you regret getting the White N5?

• Total voters

tommymonk

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just curious...

I have returned mine and am awaiting a black one.

I bought the white originally as I always go for black and thought I would try something a little different.
Something that I hadn't banked on was the difference in materials and the in-hand feel of the device.

It has a glossy plastic bezel/surround that IMO feels very cheap. It picked up fingerprints like mad and in the week I had it, even a scratch or two.
Hard plastic back gives a cheaper feel to the whole device and is nothing like the soft-touch feel of my N7.

I was playing with the black device in-store, a week after getting the white and that was the clincher.
I recommend that anyone undecided has a play with them both first.

Last edited:

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I can tell you the black is just as bad, if not worse, when it comes to fingerprints. It's all a matter if personal preference.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I like the white... No marks on it yet and I won't have a case for it until next week...

Posted via Android Central App

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I also have a case on mine, so the only thing that's different is the earpiece. And while it may look slightly odd, it really helps me determine the orientation of the phone when I'm trying to swipe to shut off my alarm clock. The white dot makes things a lot easier when I'm bleary-eyed...

I still like it =\

niko_orsini

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm really interested in this, because I can't decide between the two.
My only "problem" is that I'll probably put a case on my Nexus 5 (black or white, it doesn't depend), so why should I choose the black one over the white one and wait something like 4-5 weeks?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No, no regrets.

That, however, is because I bought black. I hate white phones. Absolutely, positively, hate them and would never give more than a split-second's consideration to actually owning one. :)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
No. I don't notice fingerprints on it and I'm putting a soft case on it anyway. And if I want different colors they show up brighter over white.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not one that cares about phone colors that much. I got white for two reasons. One is that it was the first available and second is that most of the rest of my phones are black now, so I got a different color so that I could tell them apart more easily.

I should have stuck with black, as all of my previous Nexus devices were black and I kept them in red cases. That way, I always knew which phone was the Nexus. Now, I have to retrain my eyes because a white phone makes the red case look different than it did with the black phones. Most importantly, the white earpiece is ugly to me. I had hoped that someone would tell me that it was protective plastic that I could remove but alas, that is not the case. :(