So I've been waiting for the nexus 5 and now it is for sale for around 500usd or more here. I thought it s going to be sold for a little more than 350usd but it's not. The only reason I want to buy the nexus 5 is because it has kitkat and it's cheap(at least that's what I thought). The lg g2 has better camera, bigger screen and larger battery and is being sold for the same price as the nexus 5. Can you guys please recommend a smartphone that is better than the nexus 5? No more get the nexus 5 cause it's cheap cause like I said, it's being sold at a high price here.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-12-2013 07:04 PM
    So I've been waiting for the nexus 5 and now it is for sale for around 500usd or more here. I thought it s going to be sold for a little more than 350usd but it's not. The only reason I want to buy the nexus 5 is because it has kitkat and it's cheap(at least that's what I thought). The lg g2 has better camera, bigger screen and larger battery and is being sold for the same price as the nexus 5. Can you guys please recommend a smartphone that is better than the nexus 5? No more get the nexus 5 cause it's cheap cause like I said, it's being sold at a high price here.

Are you trying to purchase the device through a local retailer? If so, that's the price you are going to pay after taxes and such. Otherwise, if you get shipping to your home just order online and wait the few weeks to receive it.

If you really want a device running KitKat then consider the Moto X. You can get that significantly cheaper and expect it to get 4.4 in the coming months. Otherwise, you'll need to look toward a higher spec'd device such as the LG G2 to receive the hardware improvements you seem to want. There's a tradeoff between the devices. The problem is finding the one that meets your needs and what you can do without.
    11-12-2013 07:47 PM
    The moto x is being sold here for $700, that's insane. I might just get the g2 or the htc one considering the price of those 2 is the same as nexus 5 with better hardware. Thanks.:-)

11-12-2013 09:19 PM