Nexus 5 battery temperatures

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
What temperatures are your Nexus 5 batteries at?

Mine is usually in the high 20's Celsius when the device is idle. Usually around the 27-29 C mark. It goes up to mid-30's when playing games. I just received my phone today and when I returned to it after setting it down for 20 minutes, the device felt unusually hot/warm. I rebooted and it was fine and it's been at that comfortable 27-29 C mark, so just wondering what everyone else is experiencing.

I'll be using wireless charging and I hear that gets the device pretty hot, so I just want to be sure I don't have a defective battery or anything...

This free app helps you find out: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.macropinch.pearl&token=y9BbAcXM

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What temperatures are your Nexus 5 batteries at?

Mine is usually in the high 20's Celsius when the device is idle. Usually around the 27-29 C mark. It goes up to mid-30's when playing games. I just received my phone today and when I returned to it after setting it down for 20 minutes, the device felt unusually hot/warm. I rebooted and it was fine and it's been at that comfortable 27-29 C mark, so just wondering what everyone else is experiencing.

I'll be using wireless charging and I hear that gets the device pretty hot, so I just want to be sure I don't have a defective battery or anything...

This free app helps you find out: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.macropinch.pearl&token=kikGGLY7

Ummm... 29 deg Celsius is only 84.2 degrees Fahrenheit. Depending on where you are located, that is barely room temperature.

FWIW, you can also get battery temperature (and many other details) by opening the Phone app and dialing *#*#4636#*#*

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Your N5's battery temperatur is totally normal :)

... but erhaps it would be more convenient for you always to see the temperature.
The app 'Battery Monitor Widget' can show you the battery temperature on your phone's notification bar.
And the app automatically logs temperature, %-capacity, cells voltage and charging/discharging amperage ... for showing in a graph by time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan