Anyone else having issues with Hangouts not instantly bringing up an SMS option, when you type in a name? When trying to start a new SMS convo, I type in a name from my contact list but sometimes I only get the option for a G+ convo (not the persons phone number). I then have to go into my contacts, find the person, open their contact info, and hit the message icon.

Also, on my Nexus 4 - when I would use G+ on my work computer and chat with friends, somehow the phone would recognize that I was responding on the computer so I didn't have to keep getting notifications on my phone. On the 5, the notifications come up every time I get a message, even though I have the G+ screen up and I'm already responding. Any way for the Nexus 5 to "recognize" that I'm replying using the computer, so I don't get hundreds of notifications per day?

In regards to the phone itself - I love it. Exactly what I want in a phone. I love the all black, the rubberized back, the drilled out speaker holes on the bottom. Very nice industrial design. Screen is beautiful, camera seems decent (though I haven't yet taken many photos, and haven't even taken the plastic covering off).

Bought a screen protector but still have the one it came with (even with the NEXUS5 printed across the front, haha). I bought a full body protector, but not sure I want to use it on the back, rubberized cover.

Anyone have any scratching issues in the rubber? Is it pretty durable? Worth going "naked", or should I put the plastic film over it?

Currently have ATT, though I'd like to switch to one of the cheaper pre-paid plans. Not sure I'm ready for the switch yet (think I have to pay around $150 to get out at this point), and still don't know which service to use. I average around 2GB of data per month, so the GoPhone plan worries me that I may go over. StraighTalk has the 2.5GB, but still not sure if they "limp" the LTE service. $45 (ST) vs. $55 (Aio) vs. $60 (GoPhone) vs. $82 (current ATT, with discount, unlimited data).

Sorry for the long, sloppy post.
    11-13-2013 06:21 PM
    Anyone else having issues with Hangouts not instantly bringing up an SMS option, when you type in a name? When trying to start a new SMS convo, I type in a name from my contact list but sometimes I only get the option for a G+ convo (not the persons phone number). I then have to go into my contacts, find the person, open their contact info, and hit the message icon.

Also, on my Nexus 4 - when I would use G+ on my work computer and chat with friends, somehow the phone would recognize that I was responding on the computer so I didn't have to keep getting notifications on my phone. On the 5, the notifications come up every time I get a message, even though I have the G+ screen up and I'm already responding. Any way for the Nexus 5 to "recognize" that I'm replying using the computer, so I don't get hundreds of notifications per day?

In regards to the phone itself - I love it. Exactly what I want in a phone. I love the all black, the rubberized back, the drilled out speaker holes on the bottom. Very nice industrial design. Screen is beautiful, camera seems decent (though I haven't yet taken many photos, and haven't even taken the plastic covering off).

Bought a screen protector but still have the one it came with (even with the NEXUS5 printed across the front, haha). I bought a full body protector, but not sure I want to use it on the back, rubberized cover.

Anyone have any scratching issues in the rubber? Is it pretty durable? Worth going "naked", or should I put the plastic film over it?

Currently have ATT, though I'd like to switch to one of the cheaper pre-paid plans. Not sure I'm ready for the switch yet (think I have to pay around $150 to get out at this point), and still don't know which service to use. I average around 2GB of data per month, so the GoPhone plan worries me that I may go over. StraighTalk has the 2.5GB, but still not sure if they "limp" the LTE service. $45 (ST) vs. $55 (Aio) vs. $60 (GoPhone) vs. $82 (current ATT, with discount, unlimited data).

Sorry for the long, sloppy post.
    Not familiar with g+ question as I don't use it very much but as far as the phone I agree it's great! Backing seems durable but not sure about running it naked as far as drops are concerned.

As far as your plan, I would give anything to have unlimited Att postpaid data for 82 bucks a month. Although I have several lines on a family plan I average more than that per smartphone with capped data. I have thought about switching to prepaid but have seen too many negative experiences with throttled data, slow data and horrible coverage even with prepaid services that use carrier towers like aio.

You're probably looking at saving 20-25 bucks a month for slower, less reliable data speed that will be capped.

Total personal choice but just wanted to let you know how great of a plan you have!

Sent from my Nexus 5
    11-13-2013 06:32 PM
    I've had no scratching issues. I'm rocking my phone naked, without any screen protector or even a case. With respect to Hangouts, for me all of a contact's possible contact methods come up - their G+ account, their gmail address, and their number(s).
    11-13-2013 08:00 PM
    I've had no scratching issues. I'm rocking my phone naked, without any screen protector or even a case. With respect to Hangouts, for me all of a contact's possible contact methods come up - their G+ account, their gmail address, and their number(s).
    Hmm the last few people I've texted, their numbers come up when I hit the "+" to start a new convo. Maybe it was only a few random issues and not a recurring thing?

In regards to Hangouts, that also could have been an early issue thing because I'm chatting right now... and as long as I click on the chat box when someone sends me a new message (on my computer), it doesn't seem to be showing up on my phone (at least yet).
    11-14-2013 09:45 AM
    Ive been having odd issues with SMS via hangouts - it finds the right contact but the phone number they are texting from comes in all wrong
    11-14-2013 10:58 AM
    Why would you get rid of unlimited AT&T LTE if you're only paying $82?

Sent from by badass Nexus 7
    11-14-2013 11:15 AM
    Why would you get rid of unlimited AT&T LTE if you're only paying $82?
    Because I only use about 2GB a month, don't really download anything that large (most of my data comes from FB, Chrome, Snapchat, etc.). Never really watch many YouTube videos, never stream Netflix, etc.

$45 for ST versus $82 for ATT = $37 difference. Plus, the last 2 phones I've purchased are both Nexus (4 and 5) direct from Google... so why am I paying for the previous phones "subsidy" if I'm not even using that phone anymore (GSIII)?

$37 x 12 = $444 a year difference. I could buy a new Nexus every single year with the money saved, and still have some left over.

Also, the ATT unlimited isn't really unlimited. They've come after me for "unauthorized tethering" before, but got off with a warning. So is it really "unlimited" ?
    11-14-2013 12:00 PM